[14:02:42] [connected at Thu Jan 14 14:02:42 2021]
[14:02:42] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:02:54] <danvet_> hi
[14:03:33] <Lyude> Hi everyone! For the agenda today we have x.org/freedesktop.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2020 invoices status, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, XDC2021, and HDMI 2.1
[14:04:03] <Lyude> I can start with requesting ledger data - I just sent an email out to SPI to poke them again to see what's up, if that doesn't work I'll join their next IRC meeting and see why this is taking so long
[14:04:05] <hwentlan> Should we start talking about the next election?
[14:04:38] <Lyude> oh yeah-I guess that's coming up?
[14:05:07] <Lyude> so I'll add that to the agenda
[14:07:15] <Lyude> Alright, so for x.org/freedesktop.org status: there was some discussion about the xorg-foundation.org domain and it looks like SPI might be waiting on some DNS related stuff from us
[14:07:29] <danvet_> uh did I miss something or is the wiki simply wrong?
[14:07:34] <danvet_> it lists mfilion as treasurer
[14:07:47] <Lyude> ???
[14:07:54] <Lyude> maybe I put it on the wrong line when I updated it and never noticed
[14:08:08] <Lyude> ...would be a bit surprised if it took that long to notice though
[14:08:12] <Lyude> i'll fix it in just a moment
[14:08:22] <danvet_> already on itr
[14:08:25] <Lyude> danvet_: thanks!
[14:08:58] <Lyude> hwentlan: any update on HDMI 2.1 stuff? And mdnavare, after that are you around to talk about the XDC2020 invoice statuses?
[14:09:42] <hwentlan> no updates yet... been enjoying my time off for christmas and still fighting too many fires at work but i've had a chance to look at it briefly again today and hope to finish that email soon-ish
[14:10:41] <Lyude> gotcha. samuelig, any chance you're around to maybe go over XDC2021 stuff since i haven't heard back from mdnavare yet?
[14:10:48] <samuelig> yup
[14:11:53] <samuelig> mupuf is working on setting up a freedesktop-hosted Indico instance, he might need help from daniels at some point for some specific things. I'll ping mupuf to check the status of it.
[14:12:18] <samuelig> in worst case scenario, we can always fallback to past years solution: LWN.net hosted one.
[14:13:14] <daniels> I need to come to it next week - I've not been able to do anything since a bit before Christmas, and have a long backlog to catch up with
[14:13:29] <daniels> I _think_ I'm waiting for mupuf to come up with a Docker container solution though ...
[14:13:55] <samuelig> regarding XDC 2022, I'll start soon sending emails to potential candidates to host the conference. If you know any US-based, just let me know privately. I have a list of companies but I might be missing some, also if you know people that could help on pushing this forward internally... that would be great
[14:14:24] <samuelig> s/US-based/NA-based
[14:14:47] <daniels> hosting update is that in my absence bentiss has done some _stellar_ work, and we're a matter of weeks away from moving our services to Packet in earnest. that _might_ involve a temporary egress spike, depending on how we end up doing it, but very temporary and then our bills will drop to zero
[14:15:13] <daniels> not sure when I'll be back to it and we'll be working with two people again, but massive credit to Ben for pushing things forward; make sure you keep him around :)
[14:15:30] <samuelig> +1
[14:15:57] <Lyude> daniels: awesome! also, do you know anything about what's going on with the DNS stuff w/r/t to the domain transfer? looks like SPI might be waiting on something
[14:16:07] <Lyude> also - any chance to talk with mfilion yet?
[14:16:50] <daniels> DNS no, the last I have is an email from tbm saying that he's waiting to hear back from tpot on something
[14:17:21] <daniels> mfilion yes, we talk every day, but between work + personal neither of us have been able to attack a website yet, will provide updates as and when ofc
[14:17:33] <Lyude> daniels: you sure? "Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good break. I think we are ready to go with the transfer. I’m guessing that you already have your own DNS servers and the transfer will just be the name and having the NS records set to their previous records. Is that correct?"
[14:17:44] <Lyude> 01/06/2021
[14:17:53] <Lyude> (sorry-that's american date format)
[14:18:22] <daniels> Lyude: didn't see that one then! will follow up, thanks
[14:18:25] <Lyude> np
[14:18:27] <daniels> (also, figured we weren't yet in June)
[14:18:37] <Lyude> hehe
[14:18:52] <Lyude> ok - I think we can skip the invoices status since I don't think that mdnavare is here
[14:19:20] <Lyude> Which just leaves elections, I guess the first task would be coming up with the election committee
[14:19:59] <Lyude> The folks who would be running this time would be myself, mdnavare , danvet_, and samuelig
[14:20:30] <danvet_> uh my term is up
[14:20:34] <hwentlan> is everyone volunteering themselves for re-election again?
[14:20:34] <danvet_> so definitely not me
[14:20:43] <Lyude> danvet_: yeah-that's why I mentioned you :P
[14:20:43] <samuelig> when is the election process expected to start? next month?
[14:20:57] <danvet_> Lyude, ah I thought "up for running election committee" :-)
[14:21:00] <Lyude> that leaves anholt, keithp, and hwentlan to potentially be on the committee
[14:21:15] <danvet_> samuelig, if we're good we renew all members in late Dec
[14:21:19] <danvet_> we're generally not good
[14:21:50] <Lyude> ah right-we've got to start renewal reminders as well huh
[14:22:09] <danvet_> https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Elections/
[14:22:13] <Lyude> hwentlan: I am going to run for re-election at least
[14:22:15] <danvet_> with no hiccups the entire thing is 8 weeks
[14:22:17] <keithp> it's a long process
[14:22:26] <danvet_> yeah we generally have hiccups
[14:22:35] <samuelig> so we are already late =)
[14:22:42] <hwentlan> i can volunteer to pull an election committee together and chair it if needed
[14:22:44] <danvet_> although last year I really tried to make sure docs are foolproof and up to date
[14:22:46] <hwentlan> i've stumbled through it once
[14:23:06] <danvet_> hwentlan, thx!
[14:23:20] <samuelig> hwentlan, thanks!
[14:23:21] <Lyude> samuelig: as seems to be election tradition
[14:23:40] <Lyude> samuelig, danvet_, are you two planning on rerunning btwe
[14:24:09] <danvet_> Lyude, wrt dns, spi is stuck waiting on themselves
[14:24:22] <danvet_> see the mail thread from micheal about xorg-foundation.org domain
[14:24:33] <samuelig> Lyude, I have not thought about it yet, to be honest :) I'll confirm in a few days.
[14:24:37] <danvet_> i.e. spi can't transfer the domain from their current registrar to gandi
[14:24:45] <danvet_> the fail is kinda epic :-/
[14:24:59] <danvet_> imo until xorg-foundation.org is moved, no point asking keithp to move fd.o
[14:25:10] <danvet_> Lyude, also yes I guess I re-run
[14:25:19] <keithp> yeah, I'm waiting. Good thing I re-uped that domain for a long time :-)
[14:25:22] <Lyude> danvet_: i'm guessing you did see the threaad I pointed to where tim responded on the 6th, right?
[14:26:01] <danvet_> ah 6th Jan
[14:26:06] <danvet_> I'm betting he got distracted
[14:26:16] <Lyude> hwentlan: alright - I guess I can leave the election stuff to you then?
[14:26:38] <hwentlan> sure
[14:26:56] <danvet_> do we have the full committee list already?
[14:27:22] <danvet_> Lyude, I got confused, not seeing anything from tpot really
[14:27:26] <keithp> danvet_: isn't it just 'not up for re-election'?
[14:27:41] <Lyude> danvet_: daniels just responded to it
[14:27:54] <hwentlan> it'd be mfilion, keithp, and anholt + anyone that's not running again
[14:28:26] <Lyude> ah - yeah was just about to say (j8ust pulled up the instructions)
[14:28:30] <hwentlan> so potentially mdnavare and samuelig, depending on their decision to run or not
[14:28:54] <Lyude> keithp: would you be up for this?
[14:29:45] <keithp> Lyude: I can help as needed
[14:29:47] <mupuf> For indico, there is already a docker compose solution
[14:30:06] <mupuf> All in one. I just need to learn k8
[14:30:45] <Lyude> alright - since mfilion and anholt aren't here (along with mdnavare) it might be a good idea for us to figure out the rest of the comittee assignments via email
[14:30:49] <anholt> I'm on elections committee again already?  oof.
[14:30:54] <Lyude> oh hey there they are
[14:31:17] <danvet_> Lyude, I replied there too in case the xorg-foundation.org domain situation isn't clear
[14:31:20] <Lyude> anholt: if no one else volunteers yeah-it can be anyone on the board who isn't up for reelection
[14:31:23] <Lyude> danvet_: gotcha
[14:31:30] <hwentlan> anholt: i think that's up to you if you want to volunteer
[14:31:51] <hwentlan> let me know
[14:32:23] <hwentlan> danvet_: do we have a minimum size for the election committee?
[14:32:35] <anholt> happy to be present on committee.  don't really want to drive it, as I still have outstanding stuff I meant to do for treasurer.
[14:32:47] <Lyude> I think it's four that we need
[14:32:54] <Lyude> anholt: yeah hwentlan will be driving it
[14:33:02] <danvet_> hwentlan, like keithp said, it's just current board minus people who run for reelection
[14:33:31] <danvet_> but I guess you can start the membership renewal already and that stuff
[14:33:33] <hwentlan> so far we have keithp, anholt, and myself. i will be reaching out to mfilion as well and check if mdnavare and samuelig want to rerun or not
[14:34:01] <danvet_> only vote ever is correctly fixing the results :-P
[14:34:02] <hwentlan> yes, will kick off the membership renewal, though i think we generally want to start that with a timeline of the election process
[14:34:06] <hwentlan> guess that can come later
[14:34:23] * keithp will attempt to renew this year before the election
[14:35:02] <Lyude> hwentlan: yeah we can come up with it once we've confirmed who all is going to be on the committee
[14:35:35] <Lyude> Alright - that's it for the meeting everyone, thanks for coming
[14:35:50] <danvet_> Lyude, oh btw for minutes, xdc21 sponsor hunt should commence in Feb or so
[14:36:02] <Lyude> danvet_: gotcha, thanks!
[14:36:22] <hwentlan> thanks everyone
[14:36:54] <keithp> see ya
[14:38:04] <samuelig> thanks!

[14:50:36] [disconnected at Thu Jan 14 14:50:36 2021]