[14:00:26] [connected at Thu Dec  3 14:00:26 2020]
[14:00:27] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:00:27] <tlwoerner> meeting?
[14:00:32] <tlwoerner> ah
[14:01:00] <Lyude> Hi everyone! It occurred to me the other day when attending an SPI board meeting that most of the people in said meeting had their portions already typed out to speed things up. So, I decided to do that. On our agenda for today is: x.org/freedesktop.org domain status update, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, requesting ledger data, HDMI 2.1, some proposed changes to the hosting
[14:01:02] <Lyude> policy, and issues with CoC reporting on gitlab. Let me know if there's anything I forgot to add to the agenda. I'll give a few minutes for folks to arrive.
[14:01:16] * keithp waves
[14:01:26] <mdnavare> Hi 
[14:03:25] <Lyude> Anyone else here?
[14:03:56] <keithp> *crickets*?
[14:04:07] <Lyude> danvet/mfilion/anholt/hwentlan?
[14:04:07] <samuelig> \o
[14:04:17] <hwentlan> hi
[14:04:21] <anholt> oh hi
[14:04:25] <danvet> hi all
[14:04:31] <Lyude> oh hey - I thought you were going to be late lol (@ samuelig)
[14:04:45] <Lyude> alright - btw tlwoerner did you have anything to add to the agenda?
[14:04:59] <samuelig> I have been lucky to finish earlier than expected 
[14:05:01] <mfilion> hi!
[14:05:03] <danvet> I guess gsoc is eventually starting up again?
[14:05:03] <mfilion> sorry
[14:05:07] <Lyude> np
[14:05:09] <tlwoerner> Lyude: thanks, not this time
[14:05:17] <Lyude> tlwoerner: gotcha, I can start then
[14:05:29] <tlwoerner> danvet: we'll start in January
[14:05:52] <Lyude> So x.org/freedesktop.org domain status: we poked SPI recently but no update yet.
[14:06:01] <danvet> emersion poked again meanwhile iirc
[14:06:02] <Lyude> mfilion: any updates with freedesktop.org cloud hosting?
[14:06:09] <danvet> like this week or something like that
[14:06:27] <Lyude> mhm
[14:06:31] <danvet> not sure what we can do to get spi moving :-/
[14:06:50] <Lyude> i can jump into another one of their board meetings
[14:06:51] <mfilion> none yet, but will book some time with daniels in January to look into this
[14:06:54] <Lyude> that seemed to work last time
[14:06:58] <Lyude> mfilion: sure thing
[14:07:58] <Lyude> ok so: Requesting ledger data: No update yet, I need to ping SPI again and figure out what's going on.
[14:08:13] <daniels> I think it’ll have to be January, have work pressure until the end of the year and going to make a sustained infrastructure push over Christmas whilst it’s quiet
[14:08:24] <Lyude> daniels: np
[14:08:34] <Lyude> hwentlan: any updates re: HDMI 2.1?
[14:08:55] <keithp> daniels: thanks for scheduling part of your holiday time to work on infra?
[14:09:02] <hwentlan> No updates yet, sorry. I hope to still get that email done by end of year, hopefully next meeting
[14:09:07] <Lyude> hwentlan: np
[14:09:33] <Lyude> Alright, next item is: Changing hosting policy to allow for secretaries to be on the CoC team
[14:09:46] <Lyude> As you're all probably aware by now, whot is planning on stepping down from the CoC team at the end of the year. As such we'd like to find a CoC admin to replace them in the mean time. This being said - since the start of being on the board, I've actually been interested in being on the CoC team and can pretty confidently say I do have the time required to fulfill such
[14:09:48] <Lyude> responsibilities. Of course I've also got quite a bit of experience doing moderation in various communities, have proper CoC enforcement training through Otter Tech, and have previously served on the the CoC enforcement team for XDC2020.
[14:09:50] <Lyude> The only difficulty is that currently, our CoC policy doesn't allow for secretaries to serve on the CoC team. The main reasoning for this mostly goes back to X.org's history, where at one point we had to deal with power abuse issues which stemmed from our secretary of the time's involvement with the CoC enforcement team. Times have changed quite a bit since then though, and we haven't
[14:09:52] <Lyude> really had any issues of power abuse for sometime now.
[14:09:54] <Lyude> Therefore, I'd like to propose a change to our hosting policy: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/lyudess/xorg-wiki/-/commits/wip/hosting-coc-changes and additionally volunteer myself to serve on the CoC enforcement team.
[14:09:56] <daniels> keithp: np :) little to nothing to do anyway
[14:10:58] <Lyude> so, thoughts?
[14:11:13] <mdnavare> Lyude: +1 from me for you being on teh CoC team
[14:11:16] <mfilion> I'm fine with that Lyude, thanks for volunteering!
[14:12:25] <samuelig> +1
[14:13:00] <mfilion> danvet ?
[14:13:09] <hwentlan> I'm fine in general, and thanks, Lyude for volunteering. Just don't remember why we thought a secretary on the CoC would be a problem.
[14:13:26] <Lyude> hwentlan: power abuse stuff in X.org's past iirc
[14:13:30] * tlwoerner hears can of worms opening...
[14:13:52] <danvet> oh sorry
[14:13:57] * danvet rather distracted
[14:14:14] <hwentlan> Don't want it to be a conflict but can't think of any reason why there'd be one
[14:14:16] * anholt can't remember that history
[14:14:34] <hwentlan> So if no one can remember I'm +1
[14:14:43] <mfilion> I can't imagine why it would be an issue
[14:14:44] <Lyude> (I actually provided some context in the write up I did)
[14:14:47] <danvet> yeah I discussed this with Lyude already +1
[14:14:48] <samuelig> at this moment we have procedures and more people involved in the CoC team and one can step down as secretary if we find issues, right?
[14:14:56] <danvet> I've originally typed this
[14:15:00] <Lyude> iirc it was around back when X.org had to split off from xfree86 iirc?
[14:15:05] <danvet> but it looks like our current problem is non-functional coc team
[14:15:23] <danvet> and that's worse than a coc team with maybe too much conflict of interest
[14:15:29] <anholt> there was no coc back in xf86 days that I know of
[14:15:34] <hwentlan> I see. Yeah if it's been that long since we had it I've no concerns
[14:15:45] <Lyude> ah, it was history that came before me so I wouldn't be surprised if I got some bits of it wrong
[14:15:53] <hwentlan> And agreed, danvet 
[14:15:57] <Lyude> samuelig: yeah-y'all can also like, vote me off
[14:16:23] <danvet> I chatted a bit with whot, and one pertinent issue seems to be that things drag on way too much for his liking
[14:16:34] <anholt> so, I personally don't have any qualms with the secretary being on coc team, +1 from me
[14:16:41] <danvet> Lyude seems eager to jump in, so that sounds excellent and all
[14:16:42] <hwentlan> +1
[14:17:02] <Lyude> mhm-that was the reason I wanted to volunteer, plus iirc I wanted to do this in the beginning :P
[14:17:30] <Lyude> anyway-it sounds like everyone's in agreement then, so we can push that change through (I'll do it after the meeting, and add myself to the CoC team)
[14:17:52] <Lyude> Anyway, last item: Issues with CoC reporting on gitlab
[14:18:12] <Lyude> n issue we recently discovered with how Gitlab handles reporting abuse. Gitlab provides a feature for abuse reports, but it would seem that the only people who are actually able to view these reports are freedesktop.org admins and not the actual CoC team. For the mean time, I propose we should ask the fd.o admins to give members of the CoC team temporary admin access for the purpose
[14:18:14] <Lyude> of being able to view abuse reports. In the long term I'm going to open up an issue on our Gitlab to keep track of this, and open up a discussion with Gitlab themselves to see if it would be possible for them to improve this feature so that admin access isn't required.
[14:18:28] <Lyude> oops, the beginning of that was supposed to be "This is a heads up about an…"
[14:19:05] <Lyude> daniels, any thoughts on this btw?
[14:19:24] <hwentlan> sgtm
[14:20:08] <danvet> this kind of stuff is also why we should always have someone with fd.o admin rights on the cc
[14:20:25] <danvet> so makes all sense to me
[14:20:32] <samuelig> yeah, it makes sense
[14:20:39] <samuelig> until gitlab fixes that.
[14:20:48] <daniels> agree with all the above
[14:21:10] <daniels> if you figure out between you who should be getting admin access, lmk and I'll add them
[14:21:17] <Lyude> alright - sounds like we're all set then
[14:21:20] <anholt> +1 to a coc member on abuse team
[14:21:27] <anholt> (fdo admin team I mean)
[14:21:40] <Lyude> daniels: I think just adding the folks on the CoC list (I'll grab the link in a aec) + me is probably enough
[14:22:18] <Lyude> here it is: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/
[14:22:34] <anholt> do we want all of coc team as admins?  (it's kind of root for the gitlab, and there are buttons for things like "nuke this repo")
[14:23:11] <Lyude> ah, good point. If we only want some admins on I wouldn't mind being the "abuse report medium" for the time being
[14:24:57] <Lyude> daniels: I guess we can just go with that for the time being if there's no objections
[14:27:00] <samuelig> Lyude, thanks for managing this
[14:27:10] <samuelig> I think this is the end of the meeting, right?
[14:27:11] <Lyude> samuelig: np! I'm glad I can help
[14:27:13] <Lyude> yeah-was about to say'
[14:27:22] <Lyude> That's the end of the meeting, thanks for coming everyone!
[14:27:29] <anholt> thanks!
[14:27:29] <samuelig> thanks!
[14:27:46] <hwentlan> thanks
[14:27:47] <danvet> Lyude, oh will you type a formal thank you note to whot as reply perhaps?
[14:27:55] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing
[14:27:58] <danvet> thx
[14:28:11] <mdnavare> thanks everyone!
[14:29:29] <Lyude> OH-hold on! it might be too late but jeez I just realized I forgot to ask about invoices
[14:29:40] <daniels> Lyude: so am I adding you?
[14:29:51] <Lyude> mdnavare: were there any updates with the invoices for XDC2020? (I can just add your summary to the meeting minutes)
[14:29:58] <Lyude> daniels: yeah-sounds like that will work
[14:31:05] <daniels> ok, done - do try to not break anything :P
[14:31:16] <daniels> you can now see abuse reports in the admin UI
[14:31:42] <Lyude> sure thing :), I will keep my hands off the gitlab nuclear football
[14:32:01] <mdnavare> Lyude: Only ARM Microsoft and Intel payment pending , 
[14:32:33] <mdnavare> Lyude: everyting else recieved , ARM i have sent the invoice request ust followed up with SPI if they have already sent invoices to ARM and Intel
[14:32:47] <mdnavare> Lyude: Then next I can follow up with their contacts on payment
[14:34:09] <Lyude> mdnavare: sounds good! thanks for the update. anyway-that's the second end of the meeting everyone. thanks for coming :P
[14:37:20] <mfilion> Thanks again Lyude. Will get back to you asap on that CoC training thing, and will sort out cloud stuff soon too lol.
[14:37:29] <Lyude> mfilion: np
[14:38:05] <keithp> CoC training with sage sharp may not be possible -- they're now working for SFC full-time
[14:38:19] <Lyude> keithp: huh? they've got open slots on their website for the next few months
[14:38:53] <keithp> yeah, dunno whether those are still valid or not; would be good to check. I bet there's some transition plan and maybe those will still happen
[14:39:11] <Lyude> keithp: alright-I will make sure to ask once we figure out which one we want to book
[14:39:23] <keithp> I suspect this transition was driven by the fine US health care situation ...
[14:39:24] <Lyude> Thanks for letting me know
[14:39:31] <Lyude> sigh, of course :\
[14:39:51] <keithp> because health care should always be the driver for business structuring decisions
[14:41:27] * hwentlan waves from canada
[14:48:40] <keithp> hwentlan: someday maybe I'll get to live in a civilized country
[14:49:48] <hwentlan> haha, the states are beautiful, diverse, and full of lovely people. but it feels odd that things like health care and education aren't equal across the board for you.
[14:50:17] <keithp> hwentlan: lots of things like that are probably based in racism ...
[14:50:35] <Lyude> eyup
[14:50:39] <hwentlan> true that

[14:50:41] [disconnected at Thu Dec 3 14:50:41 2020]