[13:31:40] [connected at Thu Sep 17 13:31:40 2020]
[13:31:40] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[13:33:04] <Lyude> mdnavare, hwentlan, mfilion, keithp 
[13:33:17] <Lyude> my fault but there's a meeting going on now, the time in the topic was wrong :S
[13:35:27] <Lyude> anholt: ^
[13:38:49] <mdnavare> Hi Lyude
[13:38:56] <Lyude> mdnavare: hey-we'
[13:39:06] <Lyude> 've got a board meeting going on right now
[13:39:20] * anholt trying to hop on, wireless here is rough
[13:39:50] <mfilion> I had a feeling we should have kept the usual time :p
[13:40:09] <Lyude> yeah-I've gotten too used to secretary bot scheduling things
[13:40:10] <mdnavare> I thought it was at 11:00 am PST
[13:40:24] <Lyude> mdnavare: yeah-that was my fault, I put the wrong date/time in the topic by accident
[13:40:33] <mdnavare> so its on now?
[13:40:35] <mdnavare> where?
[13:40:40] <Lyude> mdnavare: https://bh.xdc2020.x.org/MusicalSessionsDemonstrateReadily\
[13:40:42] <Lyude> mdnavare: https://bh.xdc2020.x.org/MusicalSessionsDemonstrateReadily
[13:42:18] <mdnavare> yes there now
[13:44:38] <Lyude> anholt: do you need us to maybe do the meeting over IRC?
[13:47:08] <anholt> tried switching to lte, no luck.  network service tanked here this morning :(
[13:47:30] * danvet here
[13:47:34] <samuelig> o/
[13:47:43] <Lyude> anholt: alright, we're switching back to IRC
[13:47:45] <hwentlan> o/
[13:47:49] <anholt> apologies!
[13:47:53] <Lyude> np
[13:48:10] <samuelig> I need to leave in about 10 minutes :(
[13:48:18] <mdnavare> Hi everyone
[13:48:20] <Lyude> alright-we can make this a pretty quick meeting since we had one last week
[13:48:31] <mfilion> o/
[13:48:36] <mdnavare> It was good to see everyone on video briefly :)
[13:49:00] * keithp nearly had that working
[13:49:18] <Lyude> hi! The only items we really need to go over today on the agenda (unless we want to do the full one) - office positions, approving the state of x.org presentation that I sent over email, and the hosting policy changes I sent out as well
[13:50:36] <Lyude> so I guess we can go over office positions first - I'm happy to continue being the secretary if everyone is OK with that
[13:50:50] <samuelig> +1
[13:50:51] <mfilion> +1
[13:50:52] <danvet> +1
[13:50:52] <anholt> +1
[13:50:55] <keithp> +1
[13:50:58] <mdnavare> +1
[13:51:02] <hwentlan> +1
[13:51:04] <danvet> Lyude, and thanks a lot for volunteering for another year
[13:51:07] <danvet> plus congrats!
[13:51:12] <keithp> Lyude: you have a big fan club here!
[13:51:18] <Lyude> np! also I think that's the fastest vote we've had in a while lol
[13:51:20] <Lyude> keithp: yeah seems so :P
[13:51:21] <mdnavare> Yes thank you great job there !
[13:51:28] <mfilion> Indeed
[13:51:32] <hwentlan> Lyude, doing an excellent job and congrats
[13:51:39] <Lyude> thanks!
[13:51:48] <Lyude> anyway-next up is treasurer, anholt are you still alright with doing that?
[13:52:06] <mfilion> Lyude not only fastest, but when is the last time we had 7 votes for anything? lol
[13:52:07] <anholt> I would love to escape this role if someone was willing to take it up
[13:52:13] <Lyude> hehe, good point
[13:52:47] <Lyude> would anyone else possibly be willing to do treasurer then? mdnavare or hwentlan maybe?
[13:53:05] <mdnavare> Lyude: I can volunteer
[13:53:24] <hwentlan> thanks mdnavare :)
[13:53:28] <Lyude> that's a +1 from me then
[13:53:38] <mfilion> yay mdnavare, +1 from me too
[13:53:43] <mdnavare> anholt:  Will need to get the knowlege transfer from you about everything needed
[13:53:43] <samuelig> +1
[13:53:44] <danvet> +1
[13:53:44] <hwentlan> +1
[13:53:51] <samuelig> thanks mdnavare!
[13:53:54] <keithp> that is awesome, hanks mdnavare !
[13:53:55] <keithp> +1
[13:53:56] <anholt> +1 from me.  I'll make sure to update bugs for handoff and see that we've got docs on how things are working
[13:54:08] <mdnavare> Hopefully i will be able to get the money from Intel finally ::P
[13:54:27] <keithp> mdnavare: I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you good fortune in that
[13:54:28] <anholt> (when do role changes take effect?)
[13:54:36] <mfilion> and +1 to say thank you to anholt for putting up with everything lol
[13:54:48] <keithp> yes, thanks much to anholt for doing a great job!
[13:54:49] <danvet> anholt, I don't think we ever formalized that
[13:54:51] <Lyude> anholt: I think that's up to you iirc
[13:55:09] <mdnavare> anholt: Thanks a lot for being so patient and handling this so successfully!
[13:55:26] <anholt> mdnavare: ok,  let's talk about timing later, but I think I should at least make sure that I've caught up in the ledger before handoff.
[13:55:28] <danvet> anholt, https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Duties/ grab bag of things
[13:55:29] <danvet> mdnavare, ^^
[13:55:31] <mfilion> maybe we need a ceremony during xdc
[13:55:33] <mfilion> hihi
[13:55:39] <samuelig> anholt, thanks a lot for your great work!
[13:55:47] <Lyude> thanks anholt ! :)
[13:56:02] <danvet> samuelig, just realized that that page probably needs an xdc update ...
[13:56:15] <Lyude> next up is the state of X.org presentation that I sent out (I also sent out a revised version an hour or two ago), did everyone get a chance to look at that?
[13:56:23] <danvet> lgtm
[13:56:27] <mfilion> same
[13:57:05] <samuelig> danvet, in what sense? addding me for XDC Paper Committee Chair?
[13:57:11] <hwentlan> lgtm
[13:57:16] <samuelig> lgtm
[13:57:24] <danvet> samuelig, yeah
[13:57:31] <danvet> plus I dunno who's running the RFP show right now
[13:57:41] <danvet> it's not me, so I split that up
[13:57:46] <samuelig> danvet, alright, adding me right now.
[13:58:05] <samuelig> danvet, Lyude sent the email but we have not talked who is going to follow up that
[13:58:43] <mfilion> samuelig you need to have more babies, its making these meetings significantly more productive haha
[13:58:47] <Lyude> alright, approved. Then the final one is the hosting policy change that I updated to mention VESA and CoC training, voting may commence
[13:59:07] <samuelig> mfilion, lol!
[13:59:08] <danvet> it's something I've generally started in the xdc hallway track 2 years ahead or so, but it's all different this year
[13:59:23] <danvet> Lyude, did you see my reply that the vesa stuff looks a bit misplaced?
[13:59:40] <Lyude> danvet: I think I may have missed that one, where do you think it should go?
[14:00:00] <anholt> would be nice if the state of xorg's gitlab costs section mentioned packet saving us on infra costs.
[14:00:14] <mfilion> good catch anholt
[14:00:19] <danvet> next to https://www.x.org/wiki/Khronos/ <- next to this one
[14:00:35] <samuelig> danvet, updated XDC parts of https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Duties/
[14:00:41] <danvet> yeah also +1 on mentioning packet
[14:00:58] <danvet> samuelig, lgtm
[14:01:05] <samuelig> +1 on mentioning packet
[14:01:16] <mdnavare> yes +1
[14:01:17] <Lyude> danvet: where do you find that from the main x.org page?
[14:01:27] <danvet> Lyude, I knew it was there :-/
[14:01:39] <hwentlan> +1 on mentioning packet, +1 to mention vesa next to khronos and adding CoC training bit to hosting policy
[14:01:39] <danvet> my mail also has where it's linked, but yeah it's kinda not discoverable
[14:02:09] <danvet> I nagged mfilion again about us having a pretty website so maybe even board knows what we all do :-)
[14:02:09] <Lyude> mh, I guess one part of this should also be updating the x.org website to make those two finadable from the home page at least
[14:02:24] <Lyude> anholt: also-do you mean mentioning packet in the presentation?
[14:02:29] <anholt> Lyude: yeah
[14:02:35] <Lyude> anholt: acked, will do
[14:02:37] <danvet> yeah we have a gitlab issue for that already, but got a bit sidelined in the fd.o stuff and corona
[14:03:22] <Lyude> alright, so other then the location on the website did the rest of the  stuff that I wrote up regarding CoC and VESA look good?
[14:03:31] <danvet> yup
[14:03:33] <samuelig> Lyude, yes
[14:04:02] <danvet> maybe we need a liason section somewhere to link to the khronos and vesa pages
[14:04:20] <Lyude> yeah that would make sense
[14:04:43] <Lyude> mdnavare, keithp, mfilion, hwentlan, were you OK w/ the rest of the CoC/VESA stuff?
[14:04:50] <hwentlan> +1
[14:04:59] <mdnavare> Yes looked good +1
[14:05:02] <keithp> Lyude: yes
[14:05:03] <keithp> +1
[14:05:06] <mfilion> yes sorry all good. in all honesty, I learned about VESA.... today
[14:05:14] <Lyude> hehe, yeah they're surprisingly obscure
[14:05:20] <danvet> Lyude, maybe reword the first paragraph when you move it, won't make sense outside of the hosting policy page
[14:05:29] <Lyude> danvet: gotcha
[14:05:44] <danvet> but we have a bigger disorganization mess with that stuff anyway :-(
[14:06:25] <Lyude> Alright - that's pretty much it for the meeting, thanks for coming everyone
[14:06:35] <samuelig> thanks!
[14:06:38] <anholt> thanks!
[14:06:41] <danvet> Lyude, I think I'm going to quickly add a Liason section to our board page or so
[14:06:46] <mdnavare> thanks everyone!
[14:06:51] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing
[14:06:52] <mfilion> so do we have a meeting next week too?
[14:06:56] <danvet> since process for both is "contact board"
[14:07:05] <samuelig> mfilion, it was moved to October 1st
[14:07:12] <Lyude> well the secretary bot did that
[14:07:18] <mfilion> so
[14:07:20] <mfilion> wait
[14:07:22] <samuelig> oh
[14:07:29] <mfilion> that means the entire schedule of meetings is changed?
[14:07:30] <Lyude> but i'm fine with the 1str
[14:07:47] <mfilion> because that meanst we agian have two back to back meetings (two consecutive weeks)
[14:07:49] <danvet> mfilion, xdc one is special
[14:07:55] <samuelig> dunno, we can keep old schedule, so we don't need to update X.Org Google calendar xD
[14:07:56] <hwentlan> i'm good with 2 weeks or 3 weeks from now but don't think we'd need one next week
[14:08:04] <samuelig> and just skip next week
[14:08:04] <danvet> I think we can just cancel next week and then meet in 3 weeks again
[14:08:12] <danvet> otherwise I need to adjust my calendar entry :-)
[14:08:16] <mfilion> danvet yes I know but moving it to Oct 1s means we have Oct 1st and Oct 8
[14:08:24] <mfilion> yes I agree with danvet
[14:08:24] <Lyude> so oct 8th then?
[14:08:27] <danvet> +1
[14:08:29] <samuelig> +1
[14:08:31] <hwentlan> +1
[14:08:33] <mfilion> no need to reschedule, just cancel next week
[14:08:35] <mfilion> +1
[14:08:40] <Lyude> mfilion: I was asking for the topic :P
[14:08:43] <Lyude> but yeah - sgtm
[14:08:46] <mfilion> lol can't keep up
[14:09:00] <Lyude> anyway, thanks for coming to the meeting everyone!
[14:09:19] <mfilion> alright, cheers everyone
[14:09:47] <Lyude> nope not making that mistake this time
[14:09:49] <mfilion> Lyude next meeting Oct 8
[14:09:52] <mfilion> lol
[14:09:56] <mfilion> thks :)
[14:09:59] <danvet> oh man Vesa page already exists in our mtttg
[14:10:03] <keithp> thanks all
[14:10:23] <Lyude> danvet: huh?
[14:10:34] <Lyude> oh no did it push it?
[14:10:36] <danvet> https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/ <- added one line for liaisons we maintain
[14:10:49] <danvet> Lyude, ^^ can you update the vesa link to wherever you put that?
[14:11:14] <Lyude> danvet: sure, it doesn't look like it pushed anything to the website jfyi
[14:11:32] <danvet> yeah the vesa page that's there already is for the old vesa X driver
[14:11:46] <Lyude> oooooooh
[14:11:47] <danvet> you can probably hijack that one
[14:11:49] <Lyude> lol gotcha
[14:11:55] <danvet> there's nothing there than "maybe read the manual"
[14:12:08] * Lyude thought ./scripts/xorg-bod pushed it without her noticing
[14:14:04] <danvet> uh we didn't put xdc on https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/
[14:14:22] <danvet> mfilion, ^^ really badly in need of a better website I guess :-)
[14:14:41] <mfilion> my #1 priority
[16:41:58] [disconnected at Thu Sep 17 16:41:58 2020]