[15:00:53] [connected at Thu Aug 13 15:00:53 2020]
[15:00:54] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[15:02:27] <mfilion> o/
[15:02:47] <Lyude> Hi - so for the agenda today we've got X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2020 sponsors, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020, cloud hossting for freedesktop.org, xdc2019 sponsor invoicing, xdc2021, xdc and gitlab commit opportunities, requesting ledger data, and self hosting indico website.
[15:03:39] <Lyude> I don't think we'll be able to go over all of those topics since samuelig is on vacation right now, but we should probably make sure to at least vote on opening XDC2021 venue proposals (I meant to send an email about this to the list after last meeting but got completely sidetracked)
[15:04:08] <tlwoerner> hello
[15:06:18] <Lyude> While we wait for people to come I can start with x.org/freedesktop.org domain status: I still haven't gotten in contact with anyone, tried poking tpot over irc and didn't get any response, sent another email to spi and haven't gotten any response, senta message to tpot on irc and haven't gotten a response, 
[15:06:26] <Lyude> oh oops, listed one of those twice
[15:06:43] <Lyude> anyway, I guess the next step is to just barge into the next SPI meeting and figure out what's going on? :\
[15:07:28] <Lyude> sigh, on the topic of requesting ledger data I'll try to send out an email about that today, forgot about that as well
[15:07:49] <Lyude> also, who all is actually here right now?
[15:08:35] <mfilion> I'm here
[15:09:04] <mfilion> anyone else?
[15:09:33] <Lyude> I got responses from a few other folks so I thought we'd have more people (danvet_, keithp?)
[15:09:50] <tlwoerner> me
[15:10:11] <danvet_> oops sry for being late
[15:10:14] <danvet_> I'm here
[15:10:46] <keithp> oops, fetching lunch took longer than expected
[15:11:09] <mfilion> 5 on 8, not bad
[15:11:15] <danvet_> Lyude, next 2 weeks I'm on vacations btw
[15:11:17] <Lyude> cool, since I forgot to send the email about this last week to make this official, can we go ahead and vote on re-opening proposals?
[15:11:19] <Lyude> danvet_: gotcha
[15:11:37] <Lyude> sorry, *opening venue proposals
[15:11:49] <Lyude> it's a +1 from me
[15:11:59] <keithp> sounds good to me as well
[15:12:01] <mfilion> +1 here too
[15:12:02] <keithp> +1
[15:12:16] <danvet_> +1
[15:12:24] <Lyude> alright-motion passes
[15:12:47] <Lyude> danvet_: any updates on XDC2020 sponsors?
[15:13:05] <danvet_> we got one more, logo should show up rsn
[15:13:07] <danvet_> at silver
[15:13:16] <mfilion> big kudos on that one danvet_
[15:13:18] <danvet_> also fairly hopeful I can get some more
[15:13:30] <danvet_> I think I need to nag again a few
[15:13:37] <mfilion> see, you don't need me danvet_, too easy :p
[15:13:49] <Lyude> Awesome :)
[15:13:54] <danvet_> mfilion, I'm not doing the fd.o infrastructure stuff
[15:13:59] <danvet_> or at least, trying real hard not to
[15:14:03] <mfilion> I saw you started mentioning it though
[15:14:08] <mfilion> so that's a start
[15:15:06] <Lyude> Alright- tlwoerner, want to go over GSoC/EVoC stuff?
[15:15:17] <tlwoerner> okay, nothing too exciting
[15:15:21] <tlwoerner> our student is doing well, has posted several patches, has a recent blog post
[15:15:27] <tlwoerner> next deadline is Aug 24 when final evaluations start
[15:15:32] <tlwoerner> (that's all)
[15:15:52] <keithp> awesome
[15:16:24] <mfilion> did you guys see those emails about the gsoc student who's internet access wasn't working so couldn't get his eval done on time, and even though he did all the work, google kicked him out? ouch
[15:16:37] <Lyude> cool! ok-I think I can go over some of the XDC2020 updates 
[15:16:38] <mfilion> did not realize GSoC was so intense
[15:16:58] <Lyude> mfilion: yeah... we had a student last year who had their backpack with laptop stolen mid-gsoc
[15:17:05] <Lyude> same thing ended up happening
[15:17:09] <mfilion> no way
[15:17:10] <mfilion> wow
[15:17:20] <anholt_> here now
[15:18:25] <Lyude> So - I think the important update with XDC2020 is that Radoslaw said they're proposing going ith either Jitsi or BigBlueButton
[15:18:48] <Lyude> oh-final choice was Jitsi + OBS + IRC
[15:19:05] <anholt_> glad they went with an open source solution
[15:19:09] <mfilion> yeah that was a good call
[15:19:12] <Lyude> mhm
[15:19:37] <mfilion> On24, geeze
[15:19:47] <Lyude> alright - anholt_, any updates with Intel's almost-done invoice?
[15:20:41] <anholt_> nothing from intel since invoice submission
[15:20:50] <mfilion> the day that invoice will be paid will be a great, great day....
[15:21:13] <danvet_> I guess standard big company payment plan of 60+ days, minimally
[15:21:30] <Lyude> next time we definitely need to make them pay up front :\
[15:22:06] <Lyude> alright - cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, I don't think I saw any updates on the ML about that so we can skip
[15:22:31] <anholt_> one thing for that
[15:22:36] <Lyude> oh-yes?
[15:22:45] <anholt_> google's willing to give $10k in cloud credits if someone on our end can fill out a form
[15:22:54] <anholt_> (which should help us until the packet transition can happen)
[15:23:08] <anholt_> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/bod-archive/-/issues/25
[15:23:38] <anholt_> can someone sign up to do that?
[15:24:10] <Lyude> mfilion: would you maybe be up to help out w/ that?
[15:26:45] <mfilion> Lyude taking a look now, its a very short form, I can fill it out but will definitely need someone to double check it 
[15:27:07] <Lyude> mfilion: gotcha
[15:27:23] <daniels> that'd be cool. no substantial updates from me. bentiss has been doing great groundwork to get us closer to making the move possible. personal things have meant I've spent zero time on it since the day after our call; unsure when I can get back to it.
[15:28:12] <Lyude> daniels: that's fine :P, we need to be the ones keeping up w/ this anyway
[15:28:24] <daniels> thanks :)
[15:28:32] <danvet_> anholt_, oh nice!
[15:28:35] <danvet_> mfilion, thx :-)
[15:29:00] <Lyude> also - the last two items are XDC and Gitlab commit opportunities, and self hosting indico website - both of which I'm pretty sure samuelig wants/needs (respectively) to be involved in.
[15:29:25] <Lyude> mfilion: before i end the meeting ^ not sure if anyone poked you about this yet, but would you be up with keeping a close eye on the fd.o stuff?
[15:30:31] <mfilion> meaning?
[15:31:21] <Lyude> mfilion: attending meetings with packet/gitlab/etc. and just keeping an eye on the status of infra work in general, mainly so daniels doesn't have to (since they're not even on the board, and we've put plenty on their plate :P)
[15:33:49] <daniels> I can fill you in. doesn't make much to know all I know :)
[15:34:47] <daniels> re Indico, if someone can get it running reasonably in a Docker container then I can get that into our infrastructure; if we have until 2021 to self-host then I'm sure we'll manage to figure it out before then
[15:35:06] <mfilion> I was going to say, I need lots and lots of filling in. I attended the call with packet but had no clue what to say, and with both of your zooms not working, I looked completely lost
[15:35:11] <Lyude> daniels: yeah-I think the idea last meeting was to make sure  that's setup for 2021
[15:35:39] <Lyude> mfilion: i mean for the most part it's more just about keeping track of what happened in the meetings, you're not really expected to need to engage a whole ton (unless you want to of course :)
[15:36:45] <mfilion> I'll have a longer chat with daniels and go from there
[15:36:50] <Lyude> alright, sgtm
[15:36:57] <daniels> (y)
[15:37:03] <Lyude> anyway-that's it for the meeting. thanks for coming y'all!
[15:37:16] <daniels> Lyude: indico> cool cool, be good to have more lead time this time!
[15:37:19] <daniels> o/
[15:38:56] <mfilion> Lyude any idea the timeline for 2021 proposals? or will we discuss that next meeting?
[15:39:18] <Lyude> mfilion: not sure on that one yet, I think we'll likely be waiting until next meeting to discuss that
[15:39:28] <Lyude> however, I do know we want to start asap
[15:40:15] <mfilion> alright
[15:58:08] <danvet_> imo whoever runs the RFP process can just make up something
[15:58:17] <danvet_> it's generally what I've done at least
[17:02:03] <mdnavare> sorry i missed the meeting my 11:30 meeting ran longer than an hour      :(

[18:27:11] [disconnected at Thu Aug 13 18:27:11 2020]