[14:59:53] [connected at Thu Mar 26 14:59:53 2020]
[14:59:53] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[15:00:04] <tlwoerner> hello
[15:00:43] <danvet_> hi all
[15:00:44] <hwentlan> hope everyone is staying safe out (or rather in) there
[15:01:12] <Lyude> So, agenda for today: VESA status, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, requesting ledger data from SPI, elections, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, GSoC/EVoC, (maybe? not sure if there's anything to discuss) COVID-19, and XDC2020 sponsors
[15:01:35] <danvet_> Lyude, did we move all the open issues to gitlab issues?
[15:01:49] <danvet_> or that still ongoing i.e. needs to be added to the agenda too?
[15:02:07] <Lyude> danvet_: I moved most of them I'm pretty sure, except for COVID-19 but not sure if we want an issue for that or not
[15:02:18] <danvet_> cool
[15:02:24] <danvet_> I moved all my sponsoring things over too
[15:02:59] <Lyude> i will probably add some more issues for stuff I've been meaning to get to (actually mentioning coc training on page, I think that's the only one)
[15:03:32] <Lyude> anyway-so VESA status, things are going great - it seems everyone who signed up has gotten a copy of the DisplayPort 2.0 spec, hooray! We also just got sent DisplayPort 2.0 errata as well
[15:03:41] <mdnavare> Hi everyone
[15:04:05] <Lyude> hey!
[15:04:30] <Lyude> So SPI ledger data feed: no update yet, will try to poke SPI this week again but I wouldn't be surprised if things are getting held up by covid
[15:05:36] <Lyude> anholt: you around for XDC2019 sponsor invoicing?
[15:05:40] <keithp> howdy!
[15:05:43] <Lyude> hey!
[15:05:59] <anholt> no updates on 2019
[15:06:06] <anholt> (or 2020 for that matter, I haven't done anything there yet)
[15:06:24] <anholt> this is your regular reminder to bother intel again
[15:06:41] <danvet_> anholt, I'll kick again, I guess last kick got lost in covid19
[15:06:53] <Lyude> aw :\, alright, not super surprising with covid yeah
[15:07:03] <Lyude> keithp: any update on x.org/freedesktop.org domain status?
[15:07:10] <keithp> Lyude: I've heard nothing
[15:07:23] <keithp> not sure if I'm supposed to be doing anything here?
[15:07:42] <Lyude> keithp: I mean, just keep poking them I guess, I think we're waiting on spi to get back to us
[15:08:31] <Lyude> ok so, danvet_: elections and XDC2020 sponsors?
[15:08:46] <danvet_> I just transferred a domain, need to unlock it, then start the process on the target, get the transfer token, push some buttons a few back&forth
[15:08:58] <danvet_> but yeah iirc spi needs to get this rolling first
[15:09:08] <keithp> danvet_: yeah, not concerned about the process, just need the recipient to do something :-)
[15:09:12] <danvet_> Lyude, elections: we have 5 nominations now, looks like we can proceed as planned with elections
[15:09:22] <danvet_> maybe add reminder to minutes summary for people to renew
[15:09:35] <danvet_> since that will be blocked once we start with publishing candidates
[15:09:53] <Lyude> Got it
[15:09:56] <danvet_> XDC20: I've done a draft for the cancellation clarification, we should discuss that now & approve
[15:10:09] <danvet_> so I can go and haggle all potential sponsors with that
[15:10:15] <danvet_> aka xdc20 haggling was on hold a bit
[15:10:16] <keithp> danvet_: I posted a couple of typo fixes, otherwise seems good
[15:10:31] * Lyude reads
[15:10:46] <danvet_> keithp, thx
[15:11:02] <Lyude> yeah-sounds fine to me - +1
[15:11:21] <danvet_> cool I think that's enough with the votes on board@ and I can fix the typos and push?
[15:11:37] <Lyude> mdnavare, anholt, bryce, samuelig, hwentlan?
[15:11:43] <bryce> +1
[15:11:49] <samuelig> I just replied on board@, +1
[15:11:58] <mdnavare> just read it looks good to me +1
[15:12:00] <Lyude> alright, approved
[15:12:03] <hwentlan> +1
[15:12:50] <Lyude> danvet_: anything else on XDC2020 sponsors or is that all?
[15:12:54] <danvet_> that's all
[15:13:06] <danvet_> well, moved all in-flight sponsor haggling to gitlab issues
[15:13:19] <Lyude> Cool, daniels - you around at all to talk about the cloud hosting stuff?
[15:13:20] <danvet_> assigned the one (iirc only one right now) that's ready for invoicing to anholt 
[15:14:29] <danvet_> Lyude, I think I managed to volunteer myself for at least some of the fd.o sponsor haggling, but no updates on that either
[15:14:57] <danvet_> wrt tech stuff, we have logging now (huge kudos to bentiss) and serious efforts to reduce network bw wastage have started
[15:15:19] <danvet_> there's a few obvious issues with some projects, volunteers best to coordinate on #freedesktop on freenode
[15:17:34] <Lyude> ok- tlwoerner, GSoC/EVoC updates?
[15:17:47] <tlwoerner> there are now 3 proposals for the mentors to review
[15:17:56] <tlwoerner> 1x vulkan GPU preference tool
[15:18:02] <tlwoerner> 2x VKMS work
[15:18:10] <tlwoerner> final proposal deadline is March 31
[15:18:17] <tlwoerner> google is tweaking some of the timeline due to the pandemic, mentors get an extra week for review
[15:18:49] <tlwoerner> i'm investigating google's "season of docs" for ajax
[15:19:19] <tlwoerner> (ajax had proposed some documentation work/cleanups for GSoC, but GSoC is strictly for *code* contributions)
[15:19:41] <tlwoerner> i have a couple questions regarding the xorg wiki:
[15:19:51] <tlwoerner> 1. should it be moved to gitlab?
[15:20:00] <mdnavare> tlwoerner: so the new date for reviewing students proposals is april 20th from their extended deadline emails
[15:20:00] <tlwoerner> 2. how do i create new pages?
[15:20:54] <tlwoerner> mdnavare: yes, that's the deadline
[15:21:16] <danvet_> tlwoerner, I think we even have an fd.o task somewhere with "what about the wikis"
[15:21:33] <danvet_> 2. create a page link, safe, then you get a link to create that page
[15:21:45] <danvet_> or just check out the wiki with git and edit underlying markdown files directly
[15:22:08] <bryce> tlwoerner, I find it easiest to just edit from git, but ymmv
[15:22:16] <tlwoerner> danvet_: okay, i'll try your first option, seems like the easiest
[15:22:19] <danvet_> tlwoerner, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/issues/80 <- sign yourself up here
[15:22:29] <tlwoerner> bryce: i'm not sure if i have permission to push
[15:22:47] <tlwoerner> danvet_: perfect, thanks
[15:23:01] <danvet_> tlwoerner, access request for legacy services goes through that gitlab project too, but iirc anyone with a ssh account can push
[15:23:03] <bryce> the gitlab wiki format is different enough from the current wiki's syntax, that migrating it could be a chore.
[15:23:11] <danvet_> there's a template for the legacy ssh services
[15:23:30] <danvet_> bryce, imo the gitlab wiki is pointless
[15:23:40] <danvet_> it's just a wiki, but with the underlying git tree really badly hidden
[15:23:46] <danvet_> and all the MR/review stuff disabled
[15:23:47] <mdnavare> tlwoerner: where do we see the submitted proposals and review them?
[15:23:52] <bryce> current system seems fairly low maintenance, probably good enough.  However if it is transitioned, there's a lot in there that's far, far out of date and could probably be pruned out.
[15:23:53] <danvet_> imo better to have a normal gitlab project
[15:24:02] <danvet_> and then autobuild stuff with gitlab CI
[15:24:12] <danvet_> and links back to the gitlab project to edit stuff in-place
[15:24:12] <tlwoerner> mdnavare: from the dashboard: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard
[15:24:17] <danvet_> or with MR
[15:24:24] <bryce> danvet_, yeah that's been kind of my view as well.
[15:25:16] <tlwoerner> bryce: there is a "review pages for freshness" task 
[15:25:29] <Lyude> alright-that just leaves covid-19...? samuelig, any idea if there's any XDC stuff regarding it that needs to be discussed yet?
[15:25:37] <bryce> perhaps better directions for using the wiki for new board members might be worth prioritizing
[15:26:40] <danvet_> Lyude, just discussed in private, maybe good to keep it there
[15:26:42] <danvet_> or board@
[15:27:02] <danvet_> don't want another PR panic about "x.org cancels xdc gdansk", we had that one already :-/
[15:27:14] <Lyude> mhm, that's what I figured
[15:27:20] <Lyude> just wanted to make sure :)
[15:27:31] <Lyude> anyway-bryce we can create a gitlab issue for that
[15:27:43] <Lyude> and also, that should be the end of the meeting! thanks for coming everyone
[15:27:57] <danvet_> I think general covid planning is fine to discuss here (like the cancellation thing for sponsors)
[15:29:47] <samuelig> Lyude, I will ping organizers about the COVID-19 situation and see if we can have alternatives for the worst case scenario, like doing it virtually. Anyway, as the conference is in September/October we will know more about the COVID-19 situation in the coming months
[15:30:07] <Lyude> alright
[15:32:33] <mdnavare> tlwoerner: on last question, i had signed up for the mentor fo gsoc but i dont see my name listed there on the dashboard 
[15:34:34] <daniels> Lyude: sure
[15:35:01] <Lyude> (fwiw the meeting just finished, but I'm still typing up minutes so feel free to say something if you want :)
[15:35:32] <samuelig> thanks everybody!
[15:35:32] <daniels> our usage is massively down, we've spent a lot of effort on Mesa as well as the runners and the registry usage is almost as low as we can take it
[15:35:45] <daniels> artifacts are still too high but GStreamer people are working on that
[15:36:13] <Lyude> oh awesome! :D
[15:37:02] <hwentlan> that's great news
[15:38:10] <daniels> the grafana dashboard shows it very clearly
[15:38:15] <daniels> if you want access poke bentiss on #freedesktop
[15:41:41] <bryce> thanks everyone, take care
[15:54:13] <tlwoerner> mdnavare: odd, i do; your name is listed as an admin
[15:55:03] <tlwoerner> mdnavare: can you see the proposals?

[16:02:04] [disconnected at Thu Mar 26 16:02:04 2020]