[14:06:35] [connected at Thu Nov  7 14:06:35 2019]
[14:06:46] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:07:42] <Lyude> OK-I'm ready to go, who all is here?
[14:07:55] <Lyude> (hopefully not just you two from the DST change...)
[14:08:18] * keithp links to the X.org calendar on teh g00g so the phone screams 'xorg board' at me
[14:08:43] <Lyude> Also, agenda for today: vesa membership status, domain status, sponsor invoicing, sponsor emails, and CoC training for members. Am I missing anything?
[14:10:23] * danvet waves
[14:10:43] <danvet> Lyude, travel expenses maybe?
[14:10:46] <Lyude> While we wait for people to hopefully arrive, update on VESA membership: I sent out some emails to a few mailing lists to figure out who's all interested and I got quite a number of replies, >10 so far, so i've gotta get back to the VESA board with a list of everyone who wants a membership
[14:10:54] <Lyude> danvet: added to the agenda
[14:11:15] <keithp> Lyude: thanks for that; good to see people step up to help interact with vesa
[14:11:23] <samuelig> cool
[14:11:36] <Lyude> keithp: np! i'm glad we'll finally have a membership again if all goes well
[14:12:20] <Lyude> anyway, CoC training: one of the people interested isn't going to be able to make any of the scheduled times for this year, so we're going to have to push them off until Sage opens up some dates for next year
[14:12:39] <Lyude> The other person who's interested should be able to make one of the dates in december, so I just need to handle booking that
[14:12:46] * keithp is scheduled for early Dec
[14:13:02] <Lyude> danvet/anholt: do you guys know how I'd go about expensing said training through SPI?
[14:13:27] <keithp> Lyude: SPI has been paying up-front for new training events. Do you have a personal expense for your training?
[14:13:40] <Lyude> keithp: nope, that's why I waited until the meeting to book something :)
[14:13:54] <danvet> Lyude, yeah I asked spi to buy the slots we want for the trainees
[14:13:57] <Lyude> I'm guessing we just send an email to SPI and ask them to make the booking then?
[14:14:00] <keithp> yes
[14:14:02] <Lyude> cool
[14:14:15] <Lyude> I will go ahead and do that then after the meeting
[14:14:22] <danvet> those mails I did should be all cc'ed board@
[14:14:44] <Lyude> ok, domain status. keithp?
[14:14:56] <keithp> I've renewed freedesktop.org for five more years
[14:15:07] <keithp> a few hours late (oops), but otherwise nominal
[14:15:38] <keithp> also, I probably should respond to SMS from sysadmin, even if they ring at 02:30
[14:15:44] <Lyude> sweet, guess we can put that on the agenda as done. Any update on the x.org domain stuff?
[14:15:56] <keithp> no, it hasn't been transferred, just paid for
[14:16:06] <Lyude> gotcha
[14:16:18] <keithp> we need to transfer control to SPI so that we don't depend on my (poor) performance in five years
[14:16:35] <Lyude> mhm
[14:17:00] <Lyude> anholt, bryce, mdnavare, hwentlan - any of you guys here?
[14:17:27] <keithp> *crickets*
[14:17:33] <Lyude> appears so
[14:17:34] <keithp> presumably off by an hour
[14:17:53] <danvet> Lyude, I kick the domain transfer thread with spi once more
[14:18:01] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing
[14:18:03] <danvet> nothing yet that I've seen either
[14:18:06] <danvet> *kicked
[14:18:24] <danvet> I'll probably kick it again in a week or so
[14:19:31] <Lyude> Alright, sponsored travel receipts then. We have 4/8 people so that should be enough for quorom. danvet, happen to have the names of any of the students we need to vote on? (currently trying to find it in my email)
[14:20:04] <danvet> Lyude, nah, that's not what I mean
[14:20:19] <Lyude> oh-sponsor invoicing you mean?
[14:20:26] <danvet> at least I'm not aware of any request, I'm leaving that to the new secretary :-)
[14:20:42] <danvet> I meant making sure the people we approved send in their expense reports and get paid
[14:20:46] <danvet> some might need a ping
[14:20:52] <Lyude> yeah I wasn't aware of any either :p, I usually keep a list of the ones I see go by before each meeting
[14:21:05] <Lyude> danvet: ahh, yeah I can go through and do that after the meeting then
[14:21:27] <danvet> I think in the past bryce pinged them as treasurer, so maybe postpone for next meeting when anholt is around?
[14:21:32] <danvet> or you can
[14:21:40] <Lyude> danvet: yeah, I don't mind waiting for anholt
[14:21:40] <danvet> just something that crossed my mind
[14:22:01] <Lyude> ok-sponsors, danvet?
[14:22:32] * hwentlan is on winter time and forgot that this is on utc. here now
[14:22:40] <Lyude> hwentlan: np, that is exactly what I did :P
[14:24:43] <danvet> Lyude, bunch of replies already, one silver on board for sure already
[14:24:55] <danvet> most that replied said "pls ping me $later"
[14:25:11] <danvet> but that's the point of pinging early, so I can get in their budget cycles early enough :-)
[14:25:41] * bryce waves
[14:25:47] <Lyude> hey bryce
[14:25:48] <danvet> I think we still have pending invoices from xdc19, but maybe figure this out when anholt is around
[14:26:04] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing, that finishes the last agenda item then (invoice sponsoring)
[14:26:26] <Lyude> thanks for coming everyone! apologies again for the DST mixup
[14:27:03] <samuelig> thanks!
[14:29:29] <bryce> yeah, the expense reporting had needed some tracking/pinging.  danvet and I tracked status in a file in git, but otherwise nothing really special to the process.  Thankfully most people were responsive.
[14:30:19] <bryce> main problem was just when there were deltas from what had been approved, some judgment there, asked danvet or the board for anything that seemed non-obvious
[14:35:41] <anholt> here
[14:37:18] <anholt> bryce: I'm doing the same, approving things that are within epsilon of (or under) budget.
[14:37:23] <anholt> so far everyone's under
[14:57:06] <Lyude> anholt: guessing you saw the messages about poking sponsored folks for receipts?
[14:58:21] <mdnavare> I am here isnt the meeting at 12?
[14:59:10] <Lyude> mdnavare: yes but DST happened and we all got confused
[14:59:26] <Lyude> luckily everyone gets on the minutes anyway since I didn't finish typing them yet :)
[14:59:28] <mdnavare> Lyude: Ohh no so did I miss the meeting already?
[14:59:50] <Lyude> mdnavare: yeah it's alright though, couple of other folks were late too
[15:00:11] <Lyude> (I was also almost late, whoops lol)
[15:03:31] <anholt> Lyude: haven't poked anyone yet, but should.
[15:03:39] <Lyude> anholt: sure thing
[15:08:24] <Lyude> anholt: btw if you're still here, what's the status on the XDC2019 sponsors invoicing?
[15:09:26] <anholt> spi did more flailing at intel's process, no luck
[15:10:13] <anholt> liviu says arm should be in the process of paying
[15:10:26] <Lyude> sure thing

[15:14:47] [disconnected at Thu Nov 7 15:14:47 2019]