[14:57:49] [connected at Thu Oct 24 14:57:49 2019]
[14:58:00] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[15:00:11] <danvet> hi all!
[15:00:32] <Lyude> Alright, agenda for today: CoC training for members, Khronos conformance testing for etnaviv, X.org domain ownership, vesa membership, and (I think? hopefully I didn't grab old notes by accident) Mithun Veluri's receipts
[15:00:54] <Lyude> Who all is here?
[15:01:02] * danvet waves
[15:01:22] <Lyude> Also while we do that, I'll go over the vesa stuff since I've been the one handling that
[15:01:59] <Lyude> Seems to be going OK so far, Bill from the VESA board asked me yesterday if we have a list of members so I'm probably going to send out some mail to dri-devel/xorg-devel/etc. to see who else would be interested
[15:02:04] <hwentlan> hi
[15:02:07] <Lyude> hwentlan: hi!
[15:03:27] <mdnavare> mdnavare joining
[15:03:48] <Lyude> As for the CoC training I can go over that in the mean time as well: I've sent mail to a couple of lists so far: dri-devel <dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org>, xorg-devel <xorg-devel@lists.x.org>, events@lists.x.org, mesa-dev@lists.freedesktop.org, wayland-devel@lists.freedesktop.org <wayland-devel@lists.freedesktop.org>, members@x.org <members@x.org>, X.Org Foundation Board
[15:03:51] <Lyude> <board@foundation.x.org>
[15:04:09] <Lyude> and as for people: Eric Engestrom <eric@engestrom.ch>, David Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>, Ben Skeggs <skeggsb@gmail.com>
[15:04:17] <anholt> here now
[15:04:18] <Lyude> I've also poked alyssa on irc, probably should go do that again
[15:04:24] <Lyude> mdnavare, anholt: welcome
[15:05:00] <Lyude> I was also wondering if anyone here might have suggestions on people who would possibly be interested in this that we can reach out to?
[15:05:47] <mdnavare> Lyude: Peter hutterer who is on fd.o coc with me
[15:05:57] <Lyude> mdnavare: yep-already reached out to them and they're interested
[15:06:17] <Lyude> Oh-forgot to mention as well that Arkadiusz Hiler is interested as well
[15:06:27] * tlwoerner lurks ;-)
[15:06:32] <Lyude> hey tlwoerner
[15:06:55] <danvet> so 5 in total?
[15:07:28] <Lyude> danvet: well only two people have responded (peter and Arkadiusz), no response from any of the other places I've reached out to yet
[15:07:39] <danvet> ah ok
[15:07:55] <danvet> I guess we can approve the two meanwhile?
[15:08:04] <Lyude> danvet: yeah-+1 from me for the two of them
[15:08:07] <danvet> Lyude, oh and agenda += xdc sponsors
[15:08:16] <Lyude> danvet: ack
[15:08:17] <anholt> +1
[15:08:18] <danvet> +1
[15:08:23] <hwentlan> +1
[15:08:26] <mdnavare> yes +1
[15:08:32] <Lyude> alright, approved
[15:09:03] <Lyude> Ok so next: khronos conformance testing for etnaviv, I believe you've been handling that so far danvet?
[15:09:05] <danvet> Lyude, you'll do the coordination to get the slot and spi to pay it all?
[15:09:11] <danvet> *slots
[15:09:19] <Lyude> danvet: yep, I can do that
[15:09:44] <danvet> Lyude, yeah maybe quick update for the record: khr/neil clarified how this is supposed to be done, essentially we don't have to care about what hw vendors do
[15:09:56] <danvet> they'll have to get their own conformance stamp
[15:10:12] <danvet> mail+tweet+phoronix article all got out to sufficiently announce this
[15:10:29] <danvet> imo topic is done, let's see whether anyone submits anything (maybe llvmpipe or so?)
[15:10:44] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing, sgtm
[15:11:09] <Lyude> Ok so next: I believe we need to approve Mithun Veluri's travel receipts
[15:11:19] <Lyude> I took a look at them and they seemed fine to me, +1
[15:11:50] <mdnavare> i did look at it too and it looks reasonable
[15:12:15] <Lyude> danvet, hwentlan, anholt?
[15:12:49] <anholt> +1
[15:13:36] <hwentlan> i can't seem to find the email
[15:13:45] * danvet busy typing sponsor mails
[15:14:11] <hwentlan> can someone summarize?
[15:14:18] * danvet can't even find it
[15:14:18] <Lyude> yeah one sec, looking it up now
[15:14:25] <hwentlan> oh wait, found it
[15:14:31] <hwentlan> +1
[15:14:31] <Lyude> ah cool
[15:14:46] <danvet> ah yes, the stuff he paid already and couldn't cancel
[15:14:47] <danvet> +1
[15:14:57] <Lyude> approved
[15:15:02] <danvet> slightly shy of 400usd
[15:15:10] <danvet> or did I look at something else?
[15:15:21] <Lyude> next: Xorg domain membership. keithp, are you here atm?
[15:16:00] <danvet> spi hasn't contacted keith yet, I pinged him earlier
[15:16:06] <Lyude> ahh, gotcha
[15:16:08] <danvet> but they said they're working on it
[15:16:13] <Lyude> understood
[15:16:24] <danvet> hm or maybe I misunderstood keithp
[15:16:25] <Lyude> final topic: xorg sponsors, danvet?
[15:16:43] <danvet> anyway I guess next week or so I'll kick that tire again
[15:16:51] <Lyude> alright
[15:16:56] <danvet> Lyude, furiously typing the first batch of xdc20 begging mails right now
[15:17:12] <Lyude> ahhh, gotcha
[15:17:13] <danvet> not sure what's the status of xdc19 invoicing, maybe anholt?
[15:17:47] <anholt> 19 still has arm and intel blocked
[15:18:06] <anholt> I need to ping liviu, intel is still blocked on spi due to intel's disaster process.
[15:18:37] <danvet> do we need to kick spi for intel, or is it just that terrible at intel's end?
[15:19:25] <anholt> the responsible party at spi just hasn't done anything about it since it got assigned
[15:19:48] <danvet> maybe fell through cracks?
[15:20:56] <Lyude> anholt: so I'm guessing you'll keep poking them then?
[15:21:06] <anholt> spi's been super backed up.  paying khaled took 2 months
[15:21:22] <anholt> (same person involved)
[15:23:06] <Lyude> alright, I guess that's it then. thanks yall for coming
[15:23:16] <danvet> oh one more for sponsors, an idea I discussed with guy lunardi
[15:23:25] <Lyude> hm?
[15:23:32] <danvet> I think xdc has become big enough that the throwable mics would be great for Q&A in talks
[15:23:33] <anholt> so, I've been wondering: should we have sponsorships be contingent on people actually paying by the start of the conference?  Or do we trust that they'll actually do it eventually
[15:23:49] <Lyude> danvet: throwable mics?
[15:23:51] <danvet> Guy suggested we could maybe loan the existing boxes LF has for plumbers
[15:23:57] <anholt> danvet: what does that mean?
[15:24:10] <anholt> (I do agree that we were awfully under-equipped on mics)
[15:24:15] <danvet> https://www.getcatchbox.ch/
[15:24:27] <danvet> https://catchbox.com/ in english
[15:24:40] <danvet> lpc has these in their dev rooms, works great
[15:24:52] <Lyude> ooooh, interesting
[15:24:59] <anholt> cute but wow that's expensive
[15:25:08] <danvet> magic is that they auto-cut-out while flying so that it's not awful amplified noises and thuds
[15:25:13] <danvet> yeah hence loaning
[15:25:31] <tlwoerner> anholt: the extra goes into a fund for lawsuits ;-)
[15:25:34] <danvet> lpc has, lf stores and ships them around the world
[15:25:44] <danvet> very cushy and soft
[15:25:45] <Lyude> yeah the idea of throwing normal mics was the first thing that popped in my head and I keep chuckling about it
[15:25:55] <tlwoerner> linaro connect also uses the same or similar
[15:25:57] <danvet> Lyude, yeah don't do that
[15:26:02] <Lyude> hehe
[15:26:19] <Lyude> anyway-that sounds like a great idea
[15:26:19] <danvet> so yeah if you're all ok I'll put that on the wishlist when I contact lf for xdc20 sponsoring
[15:26:26] <Lyude> +1 from me
[15:26:32] <anholt> nice
[15:26:40] <hwentlan> +1
[15:26:42] <mdnavare> danvet: so we rent them from LPC at a cost?
[15:26:45] <danvet> per Guy all we'd need is the usual wireless mics to fill them in (so that it all integrates with the av setup and all that)
[15:26:47] <hwentlan> they look pretty awesome
[15:26:58] <danvet> the box has just the auto-cut-off, at least the version lpc has
[15:27:04] <danvet> mdnavare, yeah, something like that
[15:27:12] <danvet> details tbd with guy and angela from lf
[15:27:20] <mdnavare> danvet: Sounds good great idea
[15:28:13] <Lyude> alright, that's the meeting then. thanks yall for coming!
[15:30:01] <tlwoerner> danvet: where is next year's LPC?
[15:30:17] <danvet> tlwoerner, gdansk
[15:30:50] * tlwoerner didn't realize LPC was an LF event
[15:31:36] <danvet> tlwoerner, it's not
[15:31:42] <danvet> lpc is a separate org
[15:32:00] <danvet> but they run all the paperwork and logistics through lf
[15:33:41] <Lyude> danvet: they're also in gdansk?
[15:34:39] <danvet> Lyude, who?
[15:35:57] <Lyude> LPC
[15:36:04] <danvet> nah
[15:36:21] <danvet> lf has storage where they keep the catchboxes for lpc
[15:36:33] <danvet> and then they just send them to the conference location and collect them back
[15:36:43] <danvet> as long as we don't plan xdc right on top of lpc, we could use the same mics

[16:18:48] [disconnected at Thu Oct 24 16:18:48 2019]