[14:56:59] [connected at Thu Oct 10 14:56:59 2019]
[14:57:10] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:58:43] <anholt> here!
[14:59:51] <danvet> hi all
[14:59:55] <Lyude> Hey guys, so I don't think we've got much on our agenda today. So-vesa stuff, status on request for COC training from SPI, and following up with the domain discussion we had during XDC (I think keithp was going to look into contacting karen?)
[15:00:10] <hwentlan> hi
[15:00:52] <Lyude> danvet: any idea if we need to discuss the CoC committee nomination?
[15:01:09] <danvet> Lyude, if everyone's happy board needs to approve
[15:01:27] <Lyude> alright, so add the coc nomination as well then
[15:01:51] <danvet> Lyude, agenda += coc training in general, I got one person asking for it at xdc, maybe want to poke members@ who's interested
[15:01:51] <Lyude> I'll start with the vesa stuff so we can give people a moment to join:
[15:02:00] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing
[15:03:30] <Lyude> Ok: so Bill Lempesis from vesa said that they're currently working on drawing up an agreement for us so that we can join the board, one of the open questions that they currently have is how we handle IP, and specifically how we're planning on giving xorg members access to DP specs
[15:03:31] <danvet> oh and I just kicked the very old thread with neil/khr about conformance submission that was discussed at xdc
[15:04:10] <Lyude> danvet: is that the etnaviv stuff?
[15:04:23] <danvet> yup
[15:04:37] <Lyude> alright, I'll add that to the agenda as well
[15:04:50] <Lyude> so: does anyone know how we handled distributing vesa specs to members in the past?
[15:05:03] <Lyude> I figure that might be a good place to start
[15:05:39] <danvet> I think we could do it like khronos: they get an @x.org mail address, account with vesa, including any watermark or whatever comes with it
[15:05:47] <danvet> that way we don't host anything directly
[15:06:00] <Lyude> mhm, that sounds like a good idea to me
[15:06:04] <anholt> long long ago, as an xf86 member we got a password to an ftp site iirc.  those were the last vesa specs I think I had
[15:06:23] <Lyude> anholt: yeah, these days it sounds like we'd be going through a liason instead
[15:06:32] <Lyude> (not because of xorg history, just seems to be the way they do things now)
[15:07:04] <Lyude> anyway-I think that sounds fine to me, anyone have any objections?
[15:07:21] <danvet> Lyude, oh anything you still need from me for secretary transition, or all set up for good?
[15:07:47] <Lyude> danvet: I think I should be fine for now, I'll check the duties and make sure I've got everything covered after the meeti ng
[15:08:04] <hwentlan> i think that vesa proposal works well
[15:08:11] <Lyude> will probably poke you every now and then with questions :)
[15:08:36] <Lyude> Alright-so that brings us to coc training
[15:09:09] <Lyude> So should we just go ahead and send out requests to figure out who wants coc training to the members@ list?
[15:09:40] <Lyude> I guess we'd have to figure out with SPI how much they would be willing to cover as well, correct?
[15:10:36] <Lyude> danvet ^ ?
[15:11:11] <danvet> it's our money, we can spend it
[15:11:16] <danvet> I don't think spi would be opposed
[15:11:36] <danvet> but yeah mail to members@ sounds like good next step, maybe also to the usual set of dev lists
[15:11:56] <Lyude> alright, I can just go ahead and send out an email to the members@ and others after the meeting then
[15:12:18] <Lyude> next topic, keithp are you around at all to talk about the domain stuff?
[15:12:37] <danvet> nothing new on that, we're still waiting on spi, I kicked them last week again
[15:13:19] <Lyude> ah, gotcha. next item then: peter's CoC confirmation, I'm personally in favor of it
[15:13:43] <Lyude> so +1 from me, hwentlan/anholt/danvet?
[15:13:48] <anholt> +1
[15:13:48] <hwentlan> +1
[15:13:48] <tlwoerner> is there any cost involved with the vesa membership?
[15:13:52] <danvet> do we have enough for quorum?
[15:14:01] * danvet +1 fwiw
[15:14:04] <Lyude> danvet: seems like we've got half of the board here today
[15:14:22] <Lyude> so that should be enough
[15:14:41] <Lyude> tlwoerner: no-we'd be going through an offer that's open to non-profits
[15:15:08] <danvet> Lyude, yeah, just feels somewhat marginal for a coc position, but good with me
[15:15:23] <Lyude> danvet: mhm yeah, I thought mdnavare was going to be here today as well
[15:15:33] <keithp> I am here (ish)
[15:15:42] <Lyude> oh-keithp, thoughts on coc nomination
[15:15:45] <Lyude> ?
[15:15:54] <keithp> I'm in favor
[15:15:59] <tlwoerner> i think mdnavare once said she has another meeting right before this one that sometimes runs late
[15:16:00] <bryce> +1 on vesa membership too
[15:16:10] <Lyude> tlwoerner: ah, gotcha
[15:16:17] <Lyude> anyway, CoC nomination approved then
[15:16:31] <keithp> cool
[15:16:53] <Lyude> That just leaves the khronos performance discussion, danvet would you like to start on that?
[15:16:57] <keithp> did someone answer jake about XDC travel?
[15:17:04] <danvet> bryce, we voted on the coc nomination
[15:17:54] <Lyude> keithp: was there a question? just looked like their expenses
[15:18:04] <danvet> Lyude, s/per/con/ but nothing really to add
[15:18:08] <bryce> +1 on nomination of Peter Hutterer, he's a good guy
[15:18:18] <Lyude> *conformance, whoops
[15:18:24] <danvet> Lyude, check with what we approved, ack if it matches is what I usually did
[15:18:28] <danvet> or anholt as treasurer
[15:18:35] <Lyude> sure thing
[15:19:11] <danvet> samuelig and me reorged the xdc related stuff in the board git a bit this week, so it's now in XDC/Sponsors/travel-2019.txt
[15:19:33] <danvet> Lyude, so yeah I kicked the can wrt khr, let's see
[15:19:34] <bryce> keithp, Jake's travel reimburse request LGTM
[15:19:44] <Lyude> fine to me as well
[15:19:54] <Lyude> seems slightly cheaper then what we approved, even
[15:20:13] <keithp> just making sure "someone" was going to ack so he'll submit to SPI.
[15:20:13] <anholt> does the board get involved for each reimbursement approval, or should I be exercising judgement?
[15:20:36] <keithp> anholt: I think if it's in budget, it should 'just happen'
[15:20:42] <anholt> my understanding was that people submitted to me, I sanity check, and forward to SPI
[15:20:48] <danvet> agreed, that's how we did it in the past I think
[15:20:56] <anholt> so SPI doesn't have to judge whether it's a valid request
[15:20:57] <bryce> anholt, yeah if there was nothing unusual I just acknowledged as already approved
[15:21:16] <anholt> bryce: once again, thank you for treasurer_responses.txt
[15:21:21] <Lyude> keithp: yeah just noticed that part-anholt, would you be able to reply to their mail after the meeting?
[15:22:04] <bryce> anholt, sure, basically they need to know about the SPI form to fill out, but jake should know the process well by now
[15:22:09] <Lyude> danvet: also-so nothing else to discuss with the khronos stuff?
[15:22:10] <anholt> yeah, I'll at least give folks that have made requests a canned response, even if I can't do the rest of it this week.
[15:22:21] <danvet> Lyude, not really
[15:22:26] <Lyude> anholt: let me know, I am secretary after all so I don't mind sending canned responses as well :)
[15:22:44] <Lyude> Alright, that should be everything then. Thanks for coming everyone
[15:23:12] <anholt> nice short meeting!  thanks!
[15:23:19] <danvet> yeah nice, thx
[15:26:14] <bryce> thanks!  cya next time
[15:34:52] <anholt> replied to two travel requetss, and now I'm back to wiring.

[15:39:34] [disconnected at Thu Oct 10 15:39:34 2019]