[20:56:50] [connected at Thu Aug 29 20:56:50 2019]
[20:57:01] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[20:57:21] <anholt> here
[20:58:47] <Lyude> here
[20:59:05] <bryce> o/
[21:00:33] <danvet_> hi all
[21:00:36] <tlwoerner> hello
[21:01:15] <mdnavare> Hi everyone
[21:01:15] <samuelig> hi!
[21:01:16] <Lyude> danvet_: oh, re your question: nope, I'm still not sure
[21:01:22] <Lyude> (we can talk about that post-meeting though :)
[21:01:37] <danvet_> Agenda: gsoc/evoc, xdc cfp/sponsors, fd.o admins, coc training
[21:01:46] <danvet_> Lyude, should I add "join vesa?" to the list?
[21:01:53] <Lyude> oh yeah sure
[21:01:58] <hwentlan> \o
[21:02:16] <danvet_> keithp, around too?
[21:02:27] <danvet_> anything else to add to the agenda?
[21:03:24] <danvet_> oh right, I'll be at plumbers next meeting, Lyude bryce can either of you pls run the secretary show next time around?
[21:03:44] <Lyude> danvet_: sure thing, I'll leave a note for myself
[21:03:53] <danvet_> thx
[21:04:03] <danvet_> I guess let's get started
[21:04:06] <danvet_> tlwoerner, gsoc?
[21:04:10] <tlwoerner> sure
[21:04:20] <tlwoerner> the students are done their work and their final evaluations
[21:04:38] <bryce> I'll be out of town for the next meeting btw fwiw
[21:04:39] <tlwoerner> i just need to get the mentors (who i've been poking all week) to complete their evaluations
[21:05:05] <tlwoerner> nobody showed any interest in attending the gsoc summit
[21:05:33] <tlwoerner> and, according to anholt, reimbursement for the dragonboard is in the queue
[21:06:05] <tlwoerner> (that's all i have for this meeting)
[21:06:23] <danvet_> bryce, noted in the minutes, thx
[21:06:59] <tlwoerner> oh, another potential meeting topic: spi?
[21:07:25] <danvet_> why?
[21:07:39] <danvet_> what's up with them?
[21:07:50] <tlwoerner> keithp was "going to pick a new date" or something?
[21:08:00] <danvet_> oh that's coc training
[21:08:05] <tlwoerner> ah, sorry
[21:08:20] <danvet_> tlwoerner, anything else on gsoc?
[21:08:33] <tlwoerner> nothing
[21:08:55] <danvet_> last minute invite to get the students to xdc, or both already coming?
[21:09:09] <tlwoerner> i can check
[21:09:36] <tlwoerner> we asked mstoeckl if he wanted to attend, but he can't
[21:09:39] <danvet_> otherwise next year
[21:09:54] <tlwoerner> something about "busy with school" or some-such
[21:09:55] <tlwoerner> ;-)
[21:10:04] <danvet_> yeah it's a bit late this year :-/
[21:10:11] <danvet_> tlwoerner, thx for the update
[21:10:13] <tlwoerner> okay
[21:10:14] <danvet_> mdnavare, evoc?
[21:10:44] <mdnavare> danvet_: nothing on that
[21:10:53] <danvet_> worksforme :-)
[21:11:04] <danvet_> anholt, update on xdc sponsor invoicing?
[21:11:28] <anholt> things are moving along, basically just intel and google left
[21:11:50] <danvet_> still need to invoice them or just payment still inflight?
[21:12:08] <anholt> intel's got some crazy hoops that SPI has had to jump through
[21:12:23] <anholt> google has just dropped the ball on responding to the invoicing questions
[21:12:26] <danvet_> yeah we moved group, so I guess it's all new
[21:12:51] <danvet_> is google responding now or do we need to kick that again?
[21:13:28] <anholt> I've sent 3 pings in a row, #1/3 got a response of just ccing a couple of other googlers but without a clear request.
[21:17:27] <danvet_> I'll kick that can too, maybe it helps
[21:18:06] <danvet_> anholt, thx for the update
[21:18:24] * danvet_ got interrupted a bit there, sry
[21:18:32] <danvet_> samuelig, anything else wrt xdc?
[21:19:01] <samuelig> just as a reminder for the minutes, we have the cfp for lightning talks and workshops still open.
[21:19:43] <samuelig> nothing else to comment (I just came back from holidays).
[21:20:48] <danvet_> sounds good
[21:21:27] <danvet_> next topic, fd.o admins, anyone got guilt tripped into looking into that?
[21:23:37] <danvet_> I guess not
[21:23:57] <danvet_> quick update on coc training: spi booked the 3 slots in 2 weeks, so Lyude mdnavare and daniels will attend that
[21:24:14] <danvet_> will book a later date for keithp later on, he's travelling now
[21:24:36] <mdnavare> yes got the email on that
[21:24:45] <danvet_> Lyude, vesa?
[21:24:51] <danvet_> maybe start with why :-)
[21:24:53] <danvet_> and what
[21:25:35] <Lyude> danvet_: well, the reason is mostly so that I can get access to DP MST spec sheets, I can try to convince my employer to get RH to join but I figured it'd be beneficial for everyone if maybe we could get Xorg back in
[21:25:57] <Lyude> That being said I don't really know -why- we left in the first place
[21:26:06] <danvet_> have we been part of vesa before?
[21:26:11] * danvet_ no idea
[21:26:19] <hwentlan> cost? looks like it's $5000 a year
[21:26:39] <Lyude> danvet_: I definitely believe we were at one point, yeah, because at one point we also had to deal with taking down spec sheets being uploaded
[21:27:01] <Lyude> when we researched doing it for RH I think it was $10K a year but I'd have to double check
[21:27:22] <anholt> I thought we had a free membership of some sort
[21:27:26] <anholt> back in the day
[21:27:32] <anholt> so once that ended, we were done
[21:27:33] <hwentlan> yes, depends on annual revenue (or income?) so it'd be more for RH
[21:27:38] <anholt> (vague recollection)
[21:27:47] <Lyude> mhm, that makes sense
[21:27:58] <hwentlan> wonder if we could try making a case for free membership to both vesa and hdmi forums for the specs
[21:28:15] <Lyude> mhm, we are kinda the ones supporting it upstream anyway :p
[21:28:35] <Lyude> any idea where we would start with that?
[21:28:43] <danvet_> hwentlan, hdmi is cea?
[21:29:01] <hwentlan> danvet, there's cea (now cta) and the hdmi forum
[21:29:12] <hwentlan> i believe they're separate entities (hdmi has too many different entitites)
[21:30:28] <danvet_> Lyude, you want to volunteer to look into this and send some mails around?
[21:31:15] <hwentlan> Lyude, i could do a behind-the-scenes inquiry about hdmi forum membership and vesa membership
[21:33:27] <Lyude> anyway-if it's a problem of budget it's not a huge deal, but if we could get a free membeship it'd be quite nice :)
[21:33:29] <Lyude> oh wait
[21:33:33] <Lyude> sorry! I was scrolled up
[21:33:37] <Lyude> thought no one had said anything
[21:33:59] <Lyude> danvet_: sure, hwentlan - should I wait for you to check that out first
[21:34:31] <hwentlan> Lyude, doesn't hurt if you start sending emails around
[21:34:40] <hwentlan> if i find out anything i'll let you know
[21:34:55] <Lyude> sure thing, I'll try to get started sometime this week then
[21:35:26] <danvet_> ok, I'll list you both in the minutes
[21:35:32] <Lyude> sgtm
[21:35:34] <danvet_> and we can see next time around what's possible
[21:35:42] <danvet_> anything else, or done with the mtg?
[21:37:28] <danvet_> sounds like we're all done
[21:37:33] <danvet_> thx everyone for joining

[21:37:36] [disconnected at Thu Aug 29 21:37:36 2019]