[22:49:21] [connected at Thu May  9 22:49:21 2019]
[22:49:31] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:55:53] <bryce_> o/
[22:55:59] <Lyude> \o
[22:56:06] <samuelig> hi!
[22:56:48] <twoerner> hello
[22:57:51] * anholt here, trying to knock out a report asap
[22:58:08] <hwentlan> o/
[22:58:48] <hwentlan> for the guys that just joined: mdnavare is on vacation and will join us next time
[22:59:48] <danvet> you all started a bit early :-)
[22:59:54] <danvet> Agenda: elections, gsoc, fdo merger, treasurer report, xdc sponsors, xdc cfp, (extended) travel policy
[22:59:57] <danvet> anything to add?
[23:00:17] <twoerner> one sentence on evoc, i guess
[23:00:39] <twoerner> meeting time change?
[23:00:54] <danvet> hm yea
[23:00:57] <danvet> also credentials
[23:01:02] <danvet> this is going to be long 
[23:01:26] <hwentlan> I need to head out at one hour sharp
[23:01:36] <danvet> yeah we'll cut it, I need sleep too :-)
[23:01:50] <danvet> hwentlan, want to do the drumroll once more?
[23:02:00] <hwentlan> and we might want west coast input for the time change
[23:02:14] <hwentlan> Lyude, samuelig, danvet, congrats on the election
[23:02:20] <Lyude> thank you :)
[23:02:23] <samuelig> thx!
[23:02:24] <hwentlan> and welcome (back) to the board
[23:02:30] <bryce_> :-)
[23:03:07] <danvet> we'll get to that part :-)
[23:03:37] <danvet> for the new ones: https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Duties/ <- please make sure you're all set up
[23:03:51] <danvet> hwentlan, I've volunteered you to make sure all the old directors get removed, ok?
[23:04:08] <hwentlan> yup
[23:04:18] <hwentlan> the board of directors page should be up-to-date now
[23:04:21] <hwentlan> as well as the mailing list
[23:04:25] <hwentlan> anything i'm missing?
[23:04:26] <Lyude> danvet: I think I should be all set up, the only thing I'm not sure about is the gpg key since I think you guys might already have that?
[23:04:27] <danvet> samuelig, Lyude I recommend you look a bit at the private git repo and mailing archives
[23:04:43] <danvet> Lyude, ask bryce_ he knows gpg better than me ...
[23:04:59] <samuelig> danvet, ok
[23:05:07] <twoerner> seems it wasn't that long ago we were welcoming the current board
[23:05:12] <danvet> I'll highglight a few ongoing things and old skeletons
[23:06:04] <bryce_> Lyude, yeah let me know what questions you have
[23:06:29] * hwentlan still needs to update the bod archive members
[23:06:33] <Lyude> bryce_: for now I'm just wondering where to send my key
[23:07:17] <bryce_> Lyude, if you give me your key id I can add it now
[23:07:33] <Lyude> bryce_: sure thing, one moment
[23:08:00] <Lyude> 758F9C2B
[23:08:11] <danvet> tlwoerner, btw listed you as gsoc admin on that page
[23:08:16] <Lyude> should be on the mit key server iirc
[23:08:21] <twoerner> danvet: sounds good :-)
[23:08:33] <danvet> samuelig, Lyude also worth a look at whether you want to volunteer for anything
[23:08:44] <danvet> since generally if no one does, it doesn't happen :-)
[23:09:08] <danvet> we're trying to collect the various things the board does on that wiki page
[23:09:19] <Lyude> danvet: you mean positions on the board, correct? I was thinking about being secretary 
[23:09:21] <danvet> e.g evoc coordinator is up for grabs
[23:09:28] <danvet> awesome
[23:09:32] * danvet found someone!!
[23:09:45] * twoerner though danvet liked being secretary!
[23:09:45] <bryce_> Lyude thanks you're added to the git-crypt repo, welcome aboard!
[23:09:52] <twoerner> s/though/thought
[23:09:56] <Lyude> i thought that was treasurer
[23:09:59] <danvet> usually we elect treasurer and secretary at xdc for a year or so
[23:10:23] <twoerner> danvet: i can do evoc too
[23:10:31] <twoerner> (i thought i was, lol)
[23:10:39] <danvet> so if you still want after watching for a bit what it entails I'm happy to hand over
[23:10:58] <samuelig> danvet, I can help on XDC coordination
[23:11:05] <danvet> samuelig, yeah figured
[23:11:21] <twoerner> we'll need to drop the line items referring to G+ ;-)
[23:11:26] <danvet> there's a pile of threads, best if you read up on those (sponsors and cfp prep and all that)
[23:11:37] <danvet> too many to manually pull you into all I think
[23:11:45] <danvet> tlwoerner, feel free to edit
[23:11:45] <samuelig> ok
[23:12:12] <twoerner> danvet: okay
[23:12:13] <danvet> anything else about transitions or questions?
[23:12:30] <danvet> we'll talk more next time when manasi is also around I guess
[23:12:49] <hwentlan> gitlab access should all be sorted now. new members should have access now. old ones no more.
[23:12:54] <keithp> (sorry for the delay; teleconf ran over)
[23:13:20] <danvet> hwentlan, thx
[23:13:46] <danvet> tlwoerner, gsoc/evoc?
[23:13:57] <twoerner> sure
[23:14:00] <Lyude> yeah, I think I'll probably have to go through some of the info that you guys have given us (other then the duties wiki page) before I have some real questions
[23:14:05] <twoerner> all 3 proposals/students were accepted
[23:14:35] <twoerner> i created google sheets for each project, to help students and mentors keep informed of progress
[23:14:58] <twoerner> i had wanted to meet with the students this week, but  they're all busy with exams, so i'll leave it until next week
[23:15:24] <twoerner> we're currently in the "community bonding" phase, so real coding will start in a couple weeks
[23:15:40] <twoerner> that's all i have for gsoc for now
[23:16:20] <twoerner> coding starts May 27
[23:16:50] <twoerner> oh, i need info from mupuf_ regarding blogging
[23:17:17] <danvet> for getting students onto the plane?
[23:17:21] <danvet> *planet.fd.o
[23:17:24] <twoerner> yes
[23:17:48] <danvet> no idea how that works tbh
[23:18:00] <twoerner> okay, i'll poke him via email
[23:18:50] <danvet> samuelig, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/bod-archive/blob/master/Sponsors/xdc-2019.txt fyi
[23:19:01] <danvet> tlwoerner, anything else?
[23:19:13] <danvet> evocs?
[23:20:47] <twoerner> lots of sudden interst in evoc
[23:20:53] * twoerner wonders...
[23:21:03] <twoerner> i've replied with the standard reply
[23:21:10] <danvet> I think that always happens around gsoc
[23:21:16] <twoerner> (and i updated the standard reply too)
[23:22:13] <danvet> tlwoerner, thx
[23:22:33] <twoerner> https://www.x.org/wiki/XorgEVoC/ReplyTemplate/
[23:22:40] <danvet> wrt meeting time: if anyone wants to change it, need to organize that with some survey or whatever
[23:22:46] <danvet> I'm used to the current slot by now :-)
[23:22:55] * anholt is happy with current slot
[23:23:08] <danvet> usually inertia wins out
[23:23:19] <Lyude> i'm fine with this time
[23:23:22] * twoerner would like it earlier, even if only slightly
[23:23:22] <bryce_> it's fine by me too
[23:23:23] <samuelig> I'd like to have it a bit before if possible, at least 1h before.
[23:23:37] <danvet> samuelig, well volunteered to figure that out :-)
[23:23:40] <hwentlan> fine by me but it'd be nice to move it earlier for the european folks
[23:23:43] <keithp> We need to know what timezones the board members are in, then we can pick reasonable hours
[23:23:58] * twoerner is in EST
[23:24:02] <hwentlan> i think we got west coast, east coast NA, then europe
[23:24:02] * Lyude is EST
[23:24:02] <keithp> the current hour was picked as 'not completely insane' for people in both australia and europe
[23:24:13] * samuelig is CEST
[23:24:18] <bryce_> samuelig, I've received your GPG key and added access to git-encrypt, you're good to go.  :-)
[23:24:25] <danvet> keithp, well we didn't manage to move it once straya dropped
[23:24:26] <samuelig> bryce_, thanks
[23:24:42] <danvet> but yeah I think we're CET-PST now
[23:24:46] <keithp> if we have no-one in an australiasian time zone, then we should be able to move back by several hours
[23:25:07] <twoerner> keithp: +1 :-)
[23:25:55] <keithp> I'd propose a simple condorcet ballot with thursday hours listed and let people rank them
[23:26:11] <danvet> yeah if we also open up the week day it gets real bad :-)
[23:26:26] <twoerner> we should use our new voting software :-D
[23:26:28] <danvet> samuelig, can you pls set that up and hopefully we can get it sorted until next mtg?
[23:26:31] * twoerner ducks
[23:26:40] <samuelig> danvet, doodle or similar?
[23:26:44] <danvet> yeah
[23:26:54] <samuelig> ok, I'll do it.
[23:27:03] <danvet> thx
[23:27:18] <twoerner> we should use whatever we plan to use for our next election
[23:27:34] <danvet> nah, that only allows all members to vote 
[23:27:42] <twoerner> (seriously, then samuelig can be the election admin)
[23:28:08] <danvet> hwentlan, on that note, I need to be members admin 
[23:28:35] <hwentlan> members mailing list?
[23:28:42] <danvet> members.x.org
[23:28:45] <hwentlan> right
[23:28:50] <danvet> the magic approve membership button
[23:29:00] <danvet> I don't have it anymore because it was tied to election powers
[23:29:01] <hwentlan> i'll make all of you admin
[23:29:08] <danvet> thx
[23:30:28] <danvet> ok next one I guess
[23:30:47] <danvet> I think we need to look at credentials again, bryce set up something neat 1 year ago
[23:30:47] <hwentlan> oops, looks like keithp doesn't show up as a member
[23:30:53] <keithp> nope
[23:30:58] <keithp> something bad happened...
[23:31:09] <twoerner> lol
[23:31:15] <danvet> and the board list passwd isn't in there, so I guess we need something a bit simpler
[23:31:20] <danvet> I'll type a mail to board@
[23:31:49] <danvet> on fdo merger: spi meeting is next week (I got wrong info last meeting)
[23:31:56] <hwentlan> if you sign up i'll make you a member
[23:32:16] <hwentlan> what should we do with new sign-ups throughout the  year? simply accept?
[23:32:48] <danvet> yeah
[23:33:01] <twoerner> question: can i vote on the meeting time too?
[23:33:02] <anholt> hwentlan: briefly sanity check (apparently including "are they already a member?") and then accept.
[23:33:04] <danvet> my threshold is "found the form and bothered to fill it out"
[23:33:23] <danvet> tlwoerner, yeah I guess that makes sense
[23:33:32] <twoerner> danvet: thanks
[23:33:34] <danvet> samuelig, tlwoerner needs separate mail since he's not board@
[23:33:54] <samuelig> ok
[23:33:58] <twoerner> samuelig: twoerner@gmail
[23:34:10] <keithp> hwentlan: done!
[23:34:11] <samuelig> twoerner, I'll add you on Cc
[23:34:14] <danvet> btw spi meeting is next Mon, I'll attend, if anyone else wants to hang out on irc too?
[23:34:17] <twoerner> samuelig: thanks
[23:34:29] <Lyude> danvet: i'm in, where does the meeting happen?
[23:34:42] <danvet> trying to find that again
[23:34:47] <hwentlan> and keithp is admin now as well
[23:34:55] <danvet> #spi on OFTC (irc.oftc.net) from 20:00 to 21:00 UTC on May 13
[23:35:22] <danvet> Lyude, ^^
[23:35:25] <anholt> danvet: I had on my calendar to try to join, though that's going to be my first day at office for new job
[23:35:29] <Lyude> danvet:gotcha
[23:35:44] <danvet> anholt, yeah I don't expect questions really
[23:35:48] <danvet> I think 2 is plenty
[23:35:58] * danvet never attended a spi meeting
[23:36:42] <twoerner> anholt: congrats on new ${DAYJOB}
[23:36:48] <danvet> anholt, treasurer report ... next meeting?
[23:37:29] <anholt> danvet: I now have 2018 reconciled with one caveat, and am typing up treasurer report
[23:37:40] <danvet> awesome
[23:37:41] <hwentlan> anholt, congrats and update your affiliation if it changes
[23:37:55] <anholt> the caveat is there's an SPI transaction marked "outreach" in july that I have no idea what it's for.
[23:38:18] <anholt> anyone have any idea?
[23:38:27] <bryce_> outreachy?
[23:38:47] <danvet> I think we did approve some rpi or something once for a student
[23:38:55] <danvet> not sure when that was
[23:38:57] <anholt> $505
[23:39:10] <anholt> which would be quite the stack of rpi.  I don't think even I have that many.
[23:39:17] <twoerner> that's a lot of rpi! ;-)
[23:39:21] <keithp> mmm. pie.
[23:39:28] <danvet> hm yeah
[23:40:05] <danvet> also doesn't match any travel grants we've handed out
[23:40:14] <anholt> I brought this transaction up in my begging SPI for per-transaction information, no reply recently.
[23:41:06] <danvet> ah yeah rpi+panel was 148 usd
[23:41:10] <danvet> so absolutely no idea
[23:41:23] <danvet> I guess we'll just leave it as that :-/
[23:41:27] <anholt> I don't have a transaction for that, can you give me an email subject?
[23:41:33] <anholt> or time or something
[23:41:41] <danvet> Request for reimbursement for hardware bought for the Outreachy internship
[23:41:54] <danvet> Mar 2018
[23:42:08] <danvet> I hope it doesn't cost 300$ to send 200$ to india ...
[23:42:11] <danvet> but then US banking
[23:43:31] <bryce_> fwiw, this is not ringing any bells for me.  anholt already has all my treasurer emails from that period
[23:43:59] <danvet> yeah outreachy in july is not aligning with anything
[23:44:04] * danvet shrugs
[23:44:12] <bryce_> wonder if something got miscategorized by spi?
[23:44:19] <danvet> likely
[23:44:25] <danvet> but we have no idea
[23:44:42] * bryce_ buys anholt another beer
[23:44:45] <danvet> I have honestly no idea what we even approved around that time
[23:45:11] <danvet> approved&paid I mean
[23:45:17] <danvet> travel is all after xdc
[23:45:54] <anholt> I'm going to call this out in the report as an issue we have over lack of per-transaction info, so we aren't trying to hide anything.
[23:46:01] <danvet> sounds good
[23:47:35] <bryce_> I need to take off in a min
[23:47:50] <danvet> yeah I'm typing some mails to highlight some threads and stuff ...
[23:48:22] <danvet> finding some old skeletons someone might volunteer to care for :-)
[23:48:36] <danvet> xdc sponsors, cfp, extended travel policy
[23:48:41] <danvet> nothing new on sponsor front
[23:48:44] <anholt> bryce_: the email archives were tremendously helpful, btw.
[23:48:55] <danvet> I did look a bit at the indico that collabora/lwn set up for, and did some edits
[23:49:07] <danvet> samuelig, ^^ would be great if you can take a look at this stuff too
[23:49:11] <anholt> I haven't seen anything after asking the one sponsor for invoice info.  Do we have anyone else needing invoicing?
[23:49:14] <samuelig> danvet, ok!
[23:49:17] <bryce_> ah good
[23:49:32] <danvet> and polishing the CFP so we can highlight our extended travel policy and all that
[23:50:19] <bryce_> I checked the meeting summaries for 2018 May, June, and July but didn't spot any votes for expenses that would explain the $505
[23:50:26] <danvet> anholt, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/bod-archive/blob/master/Sponsors/xdc-2019.txt <- per that I asked you to invoice 3 that we have already
[23:50:29] <bryce_> ok gtg, cya all!
[23:50:39] <danvet> bryce_, thx a lot!
[23:50:46] <tlwoerner__> lol, apparently we just drove out of cell range :-)
[23:50:59] <anholt> danvet: ok, will do tonight
[23:51:02] <tlwoerner__> bryce_: c ya
[23:51:03] <danvet> anholt, thx
[23:52:17] <danvet> samuelig, probably best if we discuss all things xdc on the board@ list and next meeting?
[23:52:55] <samuelig> danvet, yes, I need to read some emails and review indico setup, I would like to spend some time on this before discussing it.
[23:53:08] <danvet> sounds good
[23:53:11] <danvet> anything else?
[23:53:21] <danvet> (we actually manged to get through the agenda!)
[23:53:29] <Lyude> anything you guys would like me to do?
[23:54:34] <hwentlan> Lyude, want to see how to get secure credential storage working on board archive git?
[23:54:51] <danvet> I'm typing a mail atm with 2 ideas
[23:54:55] <danvet> *proposals
[23:55:07] <danvet> Lyude, last few threads on board list maybe ...
[23:55:14] <Lyude> hwentlan: more then happy to try :), when do we want to make sure this gets done by?
[23:55:17] <danvet> Lyude, I'm also highlight a few things
[23:55:22] <Lyude> cool
[23:55:32] <hwentlan> no timelines here
[23:55:42] <hwentlan> i was going to look at it but not sure how much time i'll find
[23:55:56] <hwentlan> i bet danvet has a bunch of worthwhile ideas as well
[23:56:37] <danvet> we have some skeletons
[00:00:16] <tlwoerner__> time?
[00:01:02] <danvet> ah yes, thanks everyone for joining, time to sleep over here
[00:01:09] <Lyude> have a good night!
[00:01:10] <tlwoerner__> thanks!
[00:01:15] <tlwoerner__> welcome new board
[00:01:35] <samuelig> bye!

[00:04:52] [disconnected at Fri May 10 00:04:52 2019]