[14:05:02] [connected at Thu Jan  3 14:05:02 2019]
[14:05:13] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:06:07] <bryce> ok tlwoerner and danvet are absent
[14:06:40] <bryce> keithp, anholt ?
[14:06:58] <bryce> rob seems not to be online
[14:07:47] <bryce> Agenda: elections, evoc, gsoc, members.x.org, xdc sponsor/reimbursements
[14:08:01] <bryce> that was last time's agenda, anything to add/drop?
[14:08:35] <anholt_> here now.
[14:09:19] <bryce> hi anholt_ 
[14:09:27] <bryce> ok
[14:09:30] <bryce> == Elections ==
[14:09:31] <hwentlan> xdc tally was marked done in the last minutes
[14:09:43] <bryce> hwentlan, ok, noted
[14:09:54] <bryce> ACTIONS: Rob to adjust electsion@x.org
[14:09:55] <bryce> ACTIONS: Membership renewal needs to get sent out.
[14:10:05] <hwentlan> i updated the elections mailing list with rob's help
[14:10:14] <hwentlan> sent out the first elections email to kick-start things
[14:10:19] <bryce> excellent
[14:10:33] <hwentlan> need the new members site up before sending the membership renewal email
[14:10:45] <mupuf> bryce: if we are to use the new website for this election, we need to hold sending the renewal email until the new website is deployed
[14:10:51] <bryce> hwentlan, where was the elections email sent?  I don't recall seeing it, must be in some folder
[14:11:04] <hwentlan> to elections@x.org
[14:12:32] <hwentlan> sent to your email on the board of directors page
[14:13:05] <bryce> bingo, found it, thanks
[14:13:59] <bryce> holding the renewal email until the website's ready to go makes sense
[14:14:59] <mupuf> I guess we should have a vote on this though. Everyone should check out the screenshots I made and judge if it is gonna be workable http://fs.mupuf.org/photos/xorg/
[14:15:00] <bryce> are there action items or dates to be tracked for the website rollout?  Any blocker issues?
[14:15:20] <mupuf> http://xorgmembership.mupuf.org/ <-- temporary deployment
[14:15:35] <mupuf> deployment status: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/issues/104
[14:16:36] <mupuf> and here are my tasks https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/xorg_membership/issues?milestone_title=v1.0
[14:17:15] <mupuf> I am expecting that the deployment could happen next week, when daniels is back from vacation
[14:17:55] <anholt> nice.  the screenshots look great to me, and my initial login went well.
[14:18:36] <bryce> do we want to do a practice election run through to doublecheck before unleashing it on the members?
[14:18:44] <anholt> seems like a good idea
[14:18:49] <mupuf> +1
[14:18:55] <hwentlan> sure
[14:19:29] <mupuf> I make everyone an admin, so you are free to make multiple ballots and we can vote on them
[14:19:35] <bryce> ok cool
[14:20:14] <mupuf> I went slightly overboard with the testing though: 100% branch coverage, and the same for templates
[14:20:37] <bryce> should we do the go/no-go vote right now, or give people time to play with it first and vote next meeting?
[14:20:41] <mupuf> so this should be super easy to maintain and we should not be too afraid of merging changes
[14:21:55] <mupuf> I think the general opinion is that this is workable, so we should aim towards using it. We'll test it more during the next two weeks and then we can vote next meeting to move it from members2.x.org to members.x.org.
[14:21:59] <mupuf> sounds good?
[14:22:25] <bryce> yes that sounds good.  Would be nice to have danvet for that vote, so makes sense to wait.
[14:22:43] <anholt> I'm +1 on "we can use this site for this election."  I think having us play with it and run some test elections as end-users will be good for reducing risk of that choice going bad, but I expect us to just fix the site for any breakage rather than fall back to php at this point
[14:22:47] <bryce> so action is for all of us to log in and play with it over the next couple weeks
[14:22:51] <hwentlan> sure, just means members have to hold off with the sign-up a bit longer
[14:23:10] <hwentlan> but better not to rush this too much
[14:23:21] <bryce> yeah.  Do we have any deadlines associated with when the election will be held?
[14:23:39] <mupuf> hwentlan: we are a little early though, compared to previous years
[14:23:46] <hwentlan> i didn't see any on the elections process page
[14:24:15] <hwentlan> mupuf: good to hear. let's leave it for next meeting then
[14:25:46] <mupuf> hwentlan: good! I'll try to have the soviet voting in place too :)
[14:25:46] <bryce> ok great
[14:25:52] <mupuf> should be pretty simple now
[14:26:24] <bryce> ok, any other topics to discuss regarding members.x.org?
[14:27:54] <bryce> I'll put in an action to pencil in an election schedule next meeting
[14:28:58] <bryce> == evoc / gsoc ==
[14:29:31] <bryce> guess we will wait on evoc for Rob.
[14:29:42] <bryce> anything to update on GSoC?
[14:31:38] <bryce> ok, guess not?  moving on
[14:32:07] <bryce> == Other Business ==
[14:32:53] <bryce> the xdc tally agenda item was completed, I'll note that a few XDC reimbursements are still in process; I got a notice of one today.
[14:33:33] <bryce> and that reminds me we may need to switch over email notification by SPI to the new treasurer.
[14:33:38] <bryce> I can look into that.
[14:34:29] <bryce>  
[14:34:38] <bryce> anyone have other items for discussion?
[14:35:04] <mupuf> nothing from me
[14:35:29] <hwentlan> nothing here
[14:35:49] <anholt> nothing from me
[14:35:59] <bryce> alright, thanks all!
[14:36:03] <bryce> = End of Meeting =

[14:37:59] [disconnected at Thu Jan 3 14:37:59 2019]