[22:41:04] [connected at Thu Dec  6 22:41:04 2018]
[22:41:15] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:42:55] <tlwoerner> no meeting tonight?
[22:43:22] <bryce__> tlwoerner, next meeting as in the one after this upcoming one,  IIUC
[22:54:26] <danvet_> yeah script runs it forward when it starts
[22:54:42] <danvet_> because the mtg ends on midnight for me, and I didn't want to deal with this :-)
[22:54:54] <danvet_> bod mtg in 6'
[22:55:05] <danvet_> tlwoerner, ^^
[22:56:05] <tlwoerner> sounds good
[22:58:23] <mupuf> :)
[23:00:20] <danvet_> hi all
[23:00:51] <tlwoerner> hello
[23:01:04] <bryce__> o/
[23:03:13] <danvet_> keithp, Riastradh anholt hwentlan around too?
[23:03:19] <Riastradh> Hi!
[23:03:33] <danvet_> Absent: elect treasurer, fd.o bylaw change, elections, evoc, gsoc,
[23:03:33] <danvet_> members.x.org, xdc sponsor/reimbursements
[23:03:37] <anholt> here
[23:03:43] <danvet_> oops, was meant to be "Agenda:"
[23:03:46] <hwentlan> Here
[23:03:49] <bryce__> heh
[23:04:08] <danvet_> anything to add to the agenda?
[23:04:27] <bryce__> treasurer report, maybe?  it's about that time
[23:05:46] <keithp> meeting time!
[23:05:46] <danvet_> given spi I guess we can start nagging in Jan?
[23:05:52] <danvet_> hi keithp 
[23:06:06] <danvet_> let's get started then
[23:06:25] <danvet_> Riastradh, anholt you folks figured out who's volunteering and who's going next year?
[23:06:28] <danvet_> or something like that
[23:07:01] <robclark> o/
[23:08:22] <danvet_> aka election topic
[23:08:54] <Riastradh> Since my term might end sooner, and anholt's does not, we discussed that it might make sense for me to take it now and anholt to take it over afterward.
[23:10:52] <danvet_> any other takes, or should we just go ahead with voting?
[23:11:12] bryce__ is now known as bryce
[23:11:35] <bryce> sounds like a fair approach to me
[23:12:12] <hwentlan> no objections here
[23:12:33] <mupuf> since I guess we are voting, then same here, no objections
[23:12:59] <robclark> no objections
[23:13:11] * danvet_ still prefers +1, less typing
[23:13:12] <Riastradh> Looks like anholt__ might have gotten disconnected when the meeting started?
[23:13:14] <robclark> (does that translate into "-?" :-P)
[23:13:22] <danvet_> oh right
[23:13:37] <danvet_> anholt, around?
[23:14:53] <keithp> he appears to be afk...
[23:15:37] <Riastradh> 22:03 < anholt> here
[23:15:45] <Riastradh> anholt__?
[23:16:25] <danvet_> looks more like wobbly connection to me
[23:16:42] <danvet_> I guess we could go through some of the other stuff until he's back?
[23:16:50] <mupuf> yeha
[23:17:20] <Riastradh> Sounds good.
[23:18:29] <danvet_> ok, fd.o bylaw changes
[23:18:42] <danvet_> I think we're all good, next step would be formal approval by board (=us)
[23:18:51] <danvet_> then I'll send it to spi for consideration
[23:19:15] <danvet_> well double-checking with fd.o, but governance over there is slightly less formal :-)
[23:19:24] <danvet_> at least I think it's ready
[23:19:33] <danvet_> then we should be able to get it voted on next elections
[23:19:43] <hwentlan> got an ack. this one from peter hutterer. no other comments
[23:19:56] <hwentlan> i think it's good to go so we can vote on it
[23:20:06] <danvet_> hm, didn't daniels agree too?
[23:20:25] <hwentlan> who'd i send it to at spi?
[23:20:34] <hwentlan> yup, he as well. so 2 acks for now
[23:20:47] <danvet_> I think formally I need to do that ...
[23:20:58] <danvet_> as long as it's in a git branch with a generated pdf and tag we're good
[23:21:31] <danvet_> so anything more?
[23:21:36] <danvet_> or formal vote?
[23:22:12] <hwentlan> nothing else from me
[23:22:25] <keithp> danvet_: the less formal governance is a big part of the reason for this process...
[23:22:33] <danvet_> keithp, yeah I know :-)
[23:22:57] <mupuf> I think we can always create branches and generate pdf
[23:23:09] <mupuf> that was my intention when I migrated it to latex and git
[23:23:15] <danvet_> I'm kinda looking for someone to second voting ...
[23:23:20] <anholt__> back now.
[23:23:26] <keithp> danvet_: second
[23:23:28] <danvet_> anholt__, oh hi
[23:23:42] <mupuf> danvet_: I guess we could vote on the proposal saying" This is what the board stands behind
[23:23:50] <danvet_> mkay, +1 from me on approving the bylaw changes in v2 so we can get members and spi and everyone to approve them too
[23:24:00] <mupuf> what I would like to see though is to send this proposal ahead of time to gather as much feedback as possible
[23:24:10] <danvet_> mupuf, we need to approve it anyway before we can vote
[23:24:32] <danvet_> mupuf, has happened
[23:25:12] <hwentlan> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/261072/
[23:25:22] <mupuf> sorry, I am not being clear.I meant this should be acked by the board for sending to members@, then let them comment on it and we can incorporate some changes if needed
[23:25:34] <danvet_> mupuf, we have sent it to members already
[23:25:36] <mupuf> and then the member vote would come on it
[23:25:41] <danvet_> and we've done that vote like months ago
[23:25:42] <mupuf> oh, I missed that part
[23:25:54] <danvet_> you got the mails even :-)
[23:25:57] <mupuf> yeah, that part I remembered
[23:26:04] <mupuf> sorry for the noise
[23:26:07] <danvet_> this vote is about approving v2 for submission for a full member vote in next elections
[23:26:17] <danvet_> (well me getting spi to approve it too)
[23:26:37] <hwentlan> v3, technically (the link above)
[23:26:52] <danvet_> oh right
[23:26:58] <danvet_> 2nd version that we sent to members@
[23:27:05] * danvet_ apologizes for the confusion
[23:27:10] <danvet_> +1 on v3 I meant
[23:27:30] <hwentlan> +1 from me
[23:27:35] <keithp> and +1 from me
[23:27:39] <anholt__> +1 on v3
[23:27:48] <mupuf> +1
[23:27:51] <bryce> are there any other errata worth including in the vote, given that bylaw changes are a hassle?  E.g. changing the due date for the secretary and treasurer reports to coincide with XDC instead of EOY?
[23:28:17] <robclark> +1 for v3
[23:28:22] <danvet_> bryce, I think overloading is very risky, given how high the criteria are
[23:28:53] <hwentlan> i'd recommend a separate patch, but might not be a bad idea of getting them voted on at the same time
[23:29:03] <danvet_> yeah that we can do
[23:29:19] <danvet_> anyway, looks like bylaw changes approved for voting
[23:29:32] <danvet_> Riastradh, anholt__ back to the treasurer discussion, now that anholt is back online
[23:30:01] <mupuf> we could propose members to vote on both changes. Only the accepted changes would land
[23:31:02] <danvet_> hwentlan, ok if you generate the pdf&tag and all that, I'll then do the spi mail?
[23:31:07] <hwentlan> i volunteer to create a patch for the reports due date and other minor things people think might be worth changing
[23:31:15] <hwentlan> danvet_, sure, will do
[23:31:33] <danvet_> thx
[23:31:50] <mupuf> just a side note, now that we host this on gitlab, the pdf generation could be automated (good way to check the change is valid)
[23:32:11] <danvet_> mupuf, we need to have it checked in because otherwise the date changes all the time
[23:32:26] <danvet_> so the autobuilder/deploy stuff isn't the right thing I think
[23:32:56] <mupuf> danvet_: if you land something in master, it better change the date and have the corresponding pdf generated, don't you think?
[23:33:06] <mupuf> for branches, the dates are not important
[23:33:20] <danvet_> it needs to have the same date as the thing we voted on had
[23:33:30] <danvet_> so regenerating once we push to master: not a good idea
[23:33:43] <anholt__> given the frequency of changes, is this worth the work?
[23:33:48] <danvet_> that too
[23:33:51] <mupuf> well, this is only if you submit to vote the new version, and not the actual change
[23:34:04] <danvet_> also, we have a pile of agenda items, so fairly important ...
[23:34:19] * danvet_ would like to go to the treasurer election again ...
[23:34:21] <mupuf> agreed, let's move on
[23:35:13] <danvet_> Riastradh, maybe quick recap since anholt__ missed
[23:35:14] <danvet_> ?
[23:35:42] <Riastradh> Recap: Since my term might end sooner, and anholt's ends later, we discussed that it might make sense for me to take the treasurer position now and for anholt to take it over afterward.
[23:35:59] <anholt__> yep
[23:36:23] <robclark> +1
[23:36:25] <danvet_> +1
[23:36:31] <bryce> +1
[23:36:35] <hwentlan> +1
[23:36:37] <anholt__> +1
[23:36:50] <Riastradh> Darn!  I lose!
[23:36:50] <keithp> +1
[23:36:58] <mupuf> +1
[23:37:01] <keithp> Riastradh: only temporarily
[23:37:18] <hwentlan> danvet_: bylaw-updates branch with a generated bylaws.pdf https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/bylaws/commits/bylaw-updates
[23:37:34] <Riastradh> bryce: So, can you send me what needs to be handed off, and any notes on your processes or anything?
[23:37:42] <bryce> Riastradh, definitely
[23:37:45] <danvet_> bryce, Riastradh you're going to handle the handover?
[23:37:59] <bryce> yes, we'll canoodle on it
[23:38:04] <danvet_> we have https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Duties/ <- pls make sure this is updated with anything missing
[23:38:07] <danvet_> thx
[23:38:20] <danvet_> next up elections are near
[23:38:31] <tlwoerner> bryce: wha!!? canoodle? 
[23:38:35] <danvet_> ideally get the membership expire stuff sorted
[23:38:40] <bryce> ;-)
[23:39:12] <danvet_> terms for robclark mupuf Riastradh and myself expire
[23:39:15] <Riastradh> Canoodle?  Gosh, I didn't realize quite how intimate treasuring is.
[23:39:23] <danvet_> and mupuf already said he won't re-run iirc
[23:39:28] <mupuf> indeed
[23:39:44] <danvet_> so I'd propose everyone else + mupuf make up the election committee
[23:39:47] <robclark> \o/ for not being eligible to run the elections this time :-P
[23:39:56] <danvet_> yeah it's great :-)
[23:40:05] <mupuf> works for me
[23:40:20] <hwentlan> sure (no idea what i'm in for)
[23:40:35] <danvet_> https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Elections/ <- this
[23:40:38] <anholt__> do we have new website for this election? :)
[23:40:48] <danvet_> all the templates are there and procedures
[23:40:59] <mupuf> anholt__: I'm not done implementing everything yet. I am hoping to be done by the end of december
[23:41:03] <robclark> I believe I sent out before the pass for election list, but if someone pings me to take over the election list, I can resend it
[23:41:11] <mupuf> and rodrigo from vkms offered to help also
[23:41:20] <danvet_> robclark, election list?
[23:41:35] <danvet_> oh, the election committee list?
[23:41:40] <robclark> elections <elections@x.org>
[23:41:41] <robclark> yeah
[23:41:49] <danvet_> robclark, can you pls update all the subscribers there and give them all admin rights, plus remove us?
[23:41:49] <mupuf> I assume the election will come around february, right? If so, it should be ready
[23:42:21] <danvet_> mupuf, need the membership expire ready earlier
[23:42:28] <danvet_> I think
[23:42:28] <robclark> yeah.. well I don't think there are admin rights so much as just having the list passwd
[23:42:40] <robclark> but someone should generate a new list password
[23:42:49] <danvet_> and election committee needs a chair, you folks need to figure that one out
[23:42:50] <robclark> and I guess to change that they need the old list password
[23:42:51] <mupuf> danvet_: isn't the expiring easy? Just deploy the new version and make people apply to it?
[23:43:09] <danvet_> maybe
[23:43:14] <danvet_> not my problem really :-)
[23:43:17] <mupuf> hehe
[23:43:25] <robclark> anyways let me know who is the new election chair and I'll step thru list transition w/ them
[23:43:34] <robclark> we can handle that offline
[23:43:35] <danvet_> oh, we need the voting reminder mails working too, otherwise the bylaw vote won't get approved
[23:44:05] <danvet_> ok, sounds like it's all good on elections for now?
[23:44:24] <mupuf> danvet_: yep, this is all part of the v1 milestone: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/xorg_membership/issues
[23:45:04] <danvet_> ok, next is the updated xdc sponsoring plan
[23:45:13] <danvet_> v2 is on board@ and has gathered a bunch of +1
[23:45:27] <danvet_> I think keithp also acked it here on irc, but not sure
[23:45:46] <danvet_> if we get a few more +1 then I'll start the sponsor hunt for xdc19
[23:46:08] <keithp> I'm not sure I acked it on irc, but it looked good to me
[23:47:14] <robclark> danvet_, one small note, from perspective of someone who watched the live stream instead of being there in person, we might want to try to make, at least the top-tier sponsor logos more visible on the recordings..
[23:47:16] <danvet_> http://paste.debian.net/1054702/
[23:47:44] <danvet_> robclark, I'm vary of mandating that since live video is hard already ...
[23:47:50] <robclark> like show them on screen in between talks, or beginning/end of split up videos after the fact
[23:47:53] <danvet_> and we don't have a dedicated team for that stuff
[23:48:10] <danvet_> it would be great if we could just make it happen, but I don't see how
[23:48:25] <robclark> true.. I guess we should at least make an attempt to sort htat out w/ whoever does video.. it might not be a hard thing to do
[23:48:38] <danvet_> igalia has already gone way beyond what we had in the past with the uploaded videos
[23:49:02] <danvet_> with nice title page with sponsors, talks split up and each upload having a description and all that
[23:49:13] <robclark> (tbh I actually only watched the live-stream, I guess.. not sure if logos showed up more in the offline recordings)
[23:49:55] <robclark> anyways, flipping to logo screen instead of watching the headmaster herd everyone back to their seats might be an easy thing :-P
[23:50:23] <mupuf> well, with the money we get from sponsorship, we should have the money to spend on getting good video quality and a small team working on it
[23:50:43] <danvet_> money aint the problem
[23:50:46] <mupuf> in Helsinki, we had ~3 people working full time on A/V, and that was fine
[23:51:06] <robclark> (not trying to make this difficult.. but seems like there is some low hanging fruit if we just talk to video folks a bit beforehand about it)
[23:51:18] <mupuf> we were always showing the "logo" for the conference in between talks, so it could contain the sponsors
[23:51:28] <danvet_> robclark, mupuf you're volunteering for xdc19?
[23:51:57] * mupuf has always been involved on video recordings at XDC (except this year), so sure thing 
[23:51:59] <robclark> Can I volunteer and then retire? :-P
[23:52:07] <danvet_> mkay with mupuf's vote on board@ we now have 5 +1 (mine included) so it's approved
[23:52:12] <danvet_> for the record and all that ...
[23:52:30] <robclark> anyways, that was an aside from agreeing on the sponsor policty, +1
[23:52:54] <danvet_> so we have 10' left and 4 topics
[23:53:01] <danvet_> evoc, gsoc, members.x.org, xdc sponsor/reimbursements
[23:53:16] <danvet_> I think xdc sponsor/reimbursement is all under control
[23:53:29] <danvet_> anyone want one of the other 3?
[23:53:51] * robclark doesn't really have anything on evoc
[23:54:16] * mupuf also does not have much for gsoc
[23:54:22] <tlwoerner> I had a great meeting (2018-11-23) with mupuf and robclark, they cleared up a bunch of things, thanks!
[23:54:31] <tlwoerner> received good feedback on the draft letter which i want to send out to inspire new project ideas/mentors
[23:54:36] <tlwoerner> my next steps are
[23:54:44] <tlwoerner> 1) get wiki access (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=108962)
[23:54:51] <tlwoerner> 2) update draft letter looking for projects/mentors and send it out
[23:54:58] <tlwoerner> 3) updating/consolodating evoc/gsoc pages
[23:55:03] <tlwoerner> 4) applying to google (mid January)
[23:55:08] <tlwoerner> 5) poke students/professors at XDC2019 location to participate
[23:55:53] <tlwoerner> is there anything we need to do for me to run/co-run gsoc? so google's emails are cc'ed to me?
[23:56:44] <mupuf> tlwoerner: no need to, we'll just work together when registring the organisation again for 2019
[23:57:01] <tlwoerner> mupuf: okay, sounds good
[23:57:58] <danvet_> ok sounds all great
[23:59:07] <tlwoerner> oh, and i'll probably run for election. it doesn't matter if i am elected or not, but it might make it easier if i'm getting @board emails
[23:59:35] <anholt__> tlwoerner: sent myself a note to sort out your account when I get back to a real computer.
[23:59:38] <mupuf> tlwoerner: it would
[00:00:08] <tlwoerner> anholt__: thanks
[00:00:19] <danvet_> anything else before I close?
[00:00:27] <bryce> nope, thanks
[00:00:44] <tlwoerner> done
[00:05:01] <tlwoerner> anholt__: according to my notes, i had an fd.o account some time in the past. it appears to have been removed (which is understandable). also, back in 2013 i published a pgp key but have since lost the private part. i hope that doesn't overly-complicate getting me setup

[00:05:19] [disconnected at Fri Dec 7 00:05:19 2018]