[22:50:52] [connected at Thu Jun 21 22:50:52 2018]
[22:51:03] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[23:03:23] <danvet> hi all!
[23:03:33] <hwentlan> hello
[23:03:36] <danvet> anholt, hwentlan Riastradh around?
[23:03:59] <danvet> Agenda: gsoc, xdc18 sponsors, xdc19, travel sponsoring, fd.o, credential
[23:03:59] <danvet> management, evoc
[23:04:17] <danvet> gsoc update I already got from mupuf, he can't make it
[23:04:32] <danvet> 2/2 students passed the first review
[23:05:15] <danvet> bryce_, keithp around too?
[23:05:33] <bryce_> heya
[23:05:43] <keithp> yup, mostly
[23:05:50] <keithp> tethered through the phone on the freewaya
[23:07:29] <danvet> anything to add for the agenda?
[23:07:37] <danvet> and we need some more, can't vote otherwise ...
[23:07:39] <bryce_> agd5f, good news, let me know if they need an invoice
[23:08:30] <danvet> yeah I guess I'll start with xdc18 sponsors
[23:08:33] <keithp> nice to have the conference funded in advance
[23:08:49] <danvet> finally got information from spi, so bryce_ and me are busy getting the invoicing and nagging done
[23:09:02] <danvet> keithp, well need to get them paid first, but yeah :-)
[23:09:23] <danvet> hopefully the next time we need spi to confirm stuff it won't take months again :-/
[23:09:42] <danvet> bryce_, anything from your side on this?
[23:09:53] robclark_ is now known as robclark
[23:10:12] <danvet> robclark, hi?
[23:10:16] <robclark> o/
[23:10:22] <danvet> robclark, \o
[23:10:27] <bryce_> danvet, think you got it covered.  The invoicing is pretty straightforward just moah paperwork.
[23:10:48] <danvet> xdc19 ... I think it's time to send out the formal RFP for organizers
[23:10:57] <danvet> so we hopefully have something in time for xdc18
[23:10:58] <robclark> (as an aside, are we going to decide on different mtg time some day?  since same time any other day or +/- hr would be a huge improvement for me ;-))
[23:11:08] <danvet> and can then fumble it last minute, like usual :-)
[23:11:21] <danvet> robclark, last time we tried we couldn't move
[23:11:30] <danvet> if you want, try to do a doodle or something ...
[23:11:53] <danvet> iirc Thu couldn't be +/- moved a few hours
[23:11:54] <anholt> here
[23:12:11] <robclark> ok.. never played w/ doodle but I can have a look after the mtg
[23:12:12] <danvet> any objections to me sending out the rfp?
[23:12:25] <keithp> sounds good
[23:12:27] <danvet> I just copypaste the one from last year, with the year+1
[23:12:33] <anholt> my irc had disconnected, I'm here.
[23:12:48] <danvet> travel sponsoring: jake requests funding again
[23:12:48] <robclark> for xdc2019?  sgtm..
[23:13:08] <anholt> having jake there is great
[23:13:09] <keithp> danvet: any discussion needed?
[23:13:24] <robclark> I think the lwn coverage in the past has been good, so +1 for funding
[23:13:48] <danvet> keithp, imo no, happy to move right to voting :-)
[23:13:51] * danvet +1
[23:14:01] <hwentlan> i agree it's good to help get lwn there +1
[23:14:20] <keithp> +1
[23:14:28] <anholt> +1
[23:16:07] <danvet> ok that carries, I'll type the reply to jake
[23:17:19] <danvet> fd.o ... hwentlan any updates?
[23:17:41] <hwentlan> no updates. i've been swamped at work and haven't found time outside
[23:17:50] <hwentlan> does anyone else want to take this on?
[23:18:18] <danvet> probably all as swamped :-)
[23:18:38] <hwentlan> if not i'll probably be able to spend some time on this in a week or two... but others might have a better picture of the state of freedesktop and everything this merger entails
[23:18:45] <hwentlan> true :)
[23:19:02] <danvet> I think we discussed pretty much all aspects in the big thread
[23:19:05] <hwentlan> just figured i don't want the bottleneck if anyone thinks they might be able to find time
[23:19:14] <danvet> we're a volunteer org
[23:19:23] <danvet> everything takes longer, that's totally fine
[23:19:43] <danvet> helping out always very much appreciated, even when there's delays and stuff
[23:19:44] <hwentlan> cool. no updates then :)
[23:19:54] <keithp> perfect!
[23:20:51] <danvet> credential management?
[23:20:58] <danvet> I have that on the agenda simply as carry-over
[23:21:02] <danvet> anything left to do/say?
[23:21:18] <bryce_> hmm
[23:21:27] <anholt> reminder to put your gpg in the git repo? I just pushed my key.
[23:21:31] <bryce_> I've landed the patch, anyone had a chance to try adding their keys?
[23:21:36] <bryce_> anholt, ah cool
[23:21:55] * jcristau wonders if danvet has a time machine to go back to xdc 2017 to decide about 2019 :)
[23:22:52] <danvet> jcristau, I failed to update all the dates again?
[23:23:34] <jcristau> i think the meaning's clear :)
[23:23:41] <danvet> yeah spotted it
[23:23:54] <bryce_> do any service/mailing list passwords need added in?  I can do that, just tell me what to put in
[23:23:57] <danvet> but this time around I updated the year of the XDC we request for at least!
[23:24:05] <danvet> last year the RFP was for 2017 :-)
[23:24:09] <jcristau> heh
[23:24:23] <robclark> bryce_, might want to send reminder email to board@ and/or nag again next week.. I guess I've forgotten again to do anything about adding a couple list credentials..
[23:24:25] <danvet> next year will be perfect, then I'll step down as board member
[23:24:29] <danvet> mission accomplished
[23:24:46] <danvet> bryce_, I noted an action for adding keys and other creds
[23:25:22] <bryce_> I'm on vacation next week but setting up creds doesn't take much time, I will try and squeeze it in
[23:25:38] <danvet> next mtg is in 2 weeks, no hurry
[23:27:59] <bryce_> fwiw, I got a new project added to my schedule at work, starting when I return.
[23:29:02] <danvet> I guess we can move to evoc updates?
[23:29:05] <danvet> robclark, ^^
[23:30:22] <robclark> nothing too major to report other than a few emails.. I guess janesma is back from vacation and suggested a couple frameretrace ideas..
[23:30:31] <robclark> which I should probably put on wiki page
[23:31:06] <danvet> ok
[23:31:10] <danvet> anything else?
[23:31:43] <robclark> not really
[23:32:56] <danvet> ok I'd say that's it, thx everyone for joining
[23:33:15] <keithp> have fun!
[23:34:04] <robclark> ok, cya
[23:34:18] <hwentlan> cya
[23:35:21] <bryce_> bye

[23:35:55] [disconnected at Thu Jun 21 23:35:55 2018]