[22:55:37] [connected at Thu Aug 31 22:55:37 2017]
[22:55:48] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:58:39] <mupuf> yoo
[23:00:07] <danvet> egbert, agd5f keithp Riastradh robclark hi all
[23:00:13] <danvet> mupuf, o/
[23:00:25] * robclark here but unlikely to be here for long
[23:00:28] <danvet> bryce__, around too?
[23:00:35] <bryce__> heya
[23:00:51] <Riastradh> Hi!
[23:00:51] <bryce__> may have to leave early but here now
[23:01:34] <danvet> hm ... did we cancel 2 weeks ago because I was busy looking for my car keys?
[23:01:39] <danvet> *house keys even
[23:01:45] * danvet doesn't find the old minutes
[23:03:50] <danvet> bryce__, it looks like you did run the show?
[23:04:04] * danvet totally ill-prepared
[23:04:05] <egbert> hi guys!
[23:04:13] <bryce__> danvet, yes
[23:04:26] <danvet> bryce__, did the minutes go out?
[23:04:47] <bryce__> danvet, yes they did
[23:05:28] <danvet> hm, I don't see them anywhere
[23:05:48] <danvet> whatever
[23:06:12] <danvet> Agenda: gsoc, xdc17, khronos, coc, xdc18
[23:06:17] <danvet> anything else/different?
[23:06:23] <danvet> oh, outreachy
[23:06:31] <danvet> maybe
[23:06:35] <danvet> if anyone wants to comment
[23:06:59] <danvet> mupuf, gsoc?
[23:07:07] <mupuf> sure
[23:07:10] <mupuf> gsoc is officially over
[23:07:25] <mupuf> I still need to write the wrapping article about that
[23:07:26] <danvet> 4 officially finished, or not yet ?
[23:07:37] <mupuf> what do you mean?
[23:07:56] <danvet> ahve they all passed?
[23:08:02] * danvet needs that for the secretary report :-)
[23:08:13] <mupuf> not all mentors have finished their rating
[23:08:16] <mupuf> but 2/2 so far
[23:08:27] <bryce__> danvet, https://foundation.x.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/board/2017-August/014306.html https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/08-17/ https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/08-17/
[23:08:57] <mupuf> sorry, 3/3 so far
[23:08:58] <mupuf> one missing
[23:09:28] <mupuf> that's all I have to say
[23:10:12] <danvet> bryce__, it landed in spam ... wut
[23:10:29] <danvet> mupuf, khronos I guess I'll just state it's done, and you'll do a short presentation at xdc?
[23:10:45] <danvet> oh, I forgot: any gsoc coming to xdc, or too late?
[23:10:49] <mupuf> well, it is not completely done
[23:11:30] <mupuf> I still need to get the process ready
[23:12:59] <danvet> yeah but the agreement is all signed now
[23:13:08] <mupuf> yes, it is!
[23:13:13] <mupuf> Yeepeeeeeeee!
[23:13:34] <danvet> back to gsoc, we'll just invite them for next year?
[23:13:44] <mupuf> oh, good question1
[23:14:12] <mupuf> I guess I can still ask them, but it is true that is problematic to get them invited
[23:14:23] <danvet> yeah pls do
[23:14:38] <danvet> hm, ok robclark gone, so evoc topic is out
[23:14:53] <danvet> I guess I'll strike outreachy too, comment on the board@ thread pls
[23:15:10] <danvet> mupuf, xdc17, I guess we should do the program soon?
[23:15:31] <danvet> or what's the plan with that
[23:15:55] <mupuf> yes, I need to finish writing my second talk proposal too
[23:16:17] <danvet> oh right
[23:16:36] <mupuf> usually, it is the XDC organizer who does the scheduling
[23:16:48] <danvet> not sure marcheau will
[23:17:02] <mupuf> danvet: let's give him a chance ;D
[23:17:08] <danvet> usually in a conference the program committee does the scheduling
[23:17:15] <mupuf> fair enough
[23:17:26] <mupuf> well, I am on vacation, so I can try to do this tomorrow in the train
[23:17:27] <danvet> we can just ping him
[23:17:42] * mupuf still needs to figure out where the fuck he wants to go tomorrow morning
[23:17:49] <danvet> but yeah I'd like to make sure some of the things we've discussed last year are done
[23:18:43] <mupuf> ok!
[23:20:45] <danvet> bryce__, anything from finances?
[23:21:16] <bryce__> danvet, yes, arranged the donation from our new sponsor
[23:21:21] <danvet> \o/
[23:21:25] <bryce__> they're now live on the website
[23:21:43] <danvet> on that, I think the sponsoring plan for the website needs to be brought in line with reality of our sponsors, and the xdc plan
[23:21:51] <danvet> atm website is as much as xdc gold
[23:21:53] <bryce__> I'll follow up later to double-check the donation landed with SPI, but as SPI is so slow I'm not gating on that
[23:22:02] <danvet> make sense
[23:22:26] <danvet> hm, where is the sponsor?
[23:22:37] <bryce__> I checked with Software Conservancy's lawyers for best practices with sponsors and if you should wait until donations clear
[23:22:57] <bryce__> they said the rate of sponsors not following through is exceedingly low, so they don't recommend gating on that
[23:23:37] <danvet> I meant "make_s_ sense" :-)
[23:23:44] <bryce__> the sponsor is DealsLand, see the sponsorship page
[23:23:47] <danvet> but I can't find the link anywhere
[23:24:14] <bryce__> danvet, did you look at the top of the page?
[23:24:14] <danvet> is that all he wanted, no logo or anything?
[23:24:28] <danvet> yeah, almost didn't find it
[23:24:30] <bryce__> danvet, correct, no logo.
[23:24:43] <bryce__> danvet, next to your keys and meeting minutes ;-)
[23:25:04] <bryce__> danvet, historically we've placed sponsors on our home page, so I grandfathered him in for that
[23:25:07] <danvet> well I'm good at not finding stuff, I know that
[23:25:50] <bryce__> however longer term I plan to centralize sponsors on the Sponsor page only, and limit the front page acknowledgements to higher level sponsors
[23:26:00] <danvet> yeah
[23:26:09] <bryce__> danvet, so you could also find the link on the x.org page towards the bottom
[23:26:28] <danvet> oh right
[23:26:37] <bryce__> he also asked for 6-month sponsorship rather than full year, since $1000 was a price point for him
[23:26:54] <bryce__> (which you and I discussed a few weeks back)
[23:27:20] <bryce__> he's the only sponsor right now, so figure ok to bend a few rules.  They're helping us work bugs out of the process, it's worth it.  :-)
[23:27:31] <danvet> yeah sounds all good
[23:28:32] <bryce__> one thing to keep in mind with web sponsors, is if the amounts are too low, then it starts looking less like "sponsor X development" and more like "really cheap advertising", and we'll look like a nascar racecar
[23:28:35] <danvet> I'm still a bit hung up on the levels, since gold on the website feels a bit expensive compared to xdc
[23:28:49] <danvet> but I guess we'll see
[23:28:53] <danvet> hm good point
[23:29:58] <bryce__> danvet, it might help if our website didn't look quite so 1990's :-)
[23:30:22] <bryce__> anyway, let me know if you get specific feedback from potential sponsors.
[23:30:58] <bryce__> I also (finally) got reimbursement from SPI for the dissolution stuff
[23:31:04] <bryce__> so that's now 100% done.
[23:31:31] <danvet> yay
[23:31:32] <mupuf> bryce__: good! I am however worried why it took so long...
[23:31:37] <bryce__> beyond that, in holding pattern for supporting when XDC reimbursements come in.  Nothing else exciting going on there
[23:32:08] <bryce__> mupuf, took so long because kept falling off SPI treasurer's radar, so required about 6-8 pings
[23:32:13] <danvet> marking delaware papers as done, hooray
[23:32:18] <danvet> bryce__, thx for all your work
[23:32:45] <danvet> bryce__, btw after we selected xdc18 and announced it I think I'll go on sponsoring hunt
[23:32:51] <bryce__> mupuf, + some issue with wire transferring to my bank account, still haven't figured that one out.
[23:32:52] <danvet> better early than late like this year
[23:33:02] <bryce__> danvet, *nod*
[23:33:10] <danvet> Riastradh, I didn't see any news on coc, but I'll keep that topic on the rotation, ok?
[23:33:21] <danvet> probably needs some pushing 1:1
[23:34:40] <Riastradh> danvet: Yes, sorry, I dropped the ball for this week, will try to get something out late tonight, perhaps.
[23:37:09] <danvet> np
[23:37:12] <danvet> anything else?
[23:39:52] <danvet> sounds like a no
[23:39:56] <danvet> thx everyone for hanging out
[23:39:58] <danvet> g'nite

[23:40:01] [disconnected at Thu Aug 31 23:40:01 2017]