[22:48:33] [connected at Thu Jul 20 22:48:33 2017]
[22:48:44] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:52:16] <danvet> mupuf, bryce_ keithp robclark mtg in 10'
[22:53:20] <danvet> where's taylor?
[22:53:24] * danvet forgot his nickname
[22:55:16] * bryce_ waves
[22:58:04] <tlwoerner> danvet: Riastradh
[22:58:30] <danvet> tlwoerner, yeah figured it out, but he's not around anywhere ...
[23:02:08] <danvet> hi all
[23:02:09] <Riastradh> Hi!  We have a meeting now, yes?
[23:02:14] <danvet> yup, right on time!
[23:02:25] <danvet> Agenda: Agenda: travel requests, gsoc, xdc sponsorship, xdc18, khronos, coc
[23:05:59] <danvet> hm, we're one vote short ...
[23:06:20] <mupuf> one vote short for what_
[23:06:23] <danvet> bryce_, do we have better numbers for the travel requests now?
[23:06:25] <danvet> ah
[23:06:35] <mupuf> oh sorry, I did not say hi!
[23:06:39] <mupuf> Sorry!
[23:06:56] <danvet> anyone else here and silent?
[23:07:06] <danvet> keithp, robclark ?
[23:08:30] <bryce_> danvet, sorry, better numbers?
[23:08:40] <danvet> *more accurate
[23:08:47] <danvet> for the travel requests from jake and laura
[23:09:01] * danvet did some real sloppy mtg prep today :-/
[23:09:12] <bryce_> danvet, apologies, if I had an action item for this I may have missed it or it slipped my mind
[23:09:32] <danvet> I don't think you had, just looking for someone who might know
[23:09:44] <danvet> given you being treasurer and all :-)
[23:10:10] <bryce_> danvet, ah...  I've made my own travel arrangements, but haven't given attention on anyone elses.  Let me know if there's stuff I can do to help.
[23:10:36] <danvet> we have two travel requests
[23:11:08] <bryce_> yep
[23:11:30] <danvet> ok, laura's isn't yet finalized
[23:11:35] <danvet> jake asks for 1300 usd
[23:11:46] <danvet> tuned numbers
[23:11:49] <danvet> shall we vote on that?
[23:11:52] <bryce_> ok, do we need a vote on it?
[23:12:36] <bryce_> $1300 seems a reasonable amount.  This is for subsidizing press attendance right?
[23:12:40] <danvet> yeah
[23:12:46] <danvet> that's the press slot
[23:12:57] <danvet> *would be
[23:13:21] <bryce_> ok, and the usual expectations/requirements for press attendance I presume
[23:13:53] <bryce_> are there going to be any concerns about opening it to other alternate press attendees?
[23:15:09] <Riastradh> This is for flight within US + hotel room for n nights?
[23:15:19] <danvet> yup
[23:15:23] <tlwoerner> car rental?
[23:15:31] <danvet> plus rental, because you can't get around there
[23:15:36] <bryce_> (no opinion here myself... just recall there was a little controversy last time, and hoping to quell or avoid that this time)
[23:15:53] <danvet> bryce_, we'll figure it out when we have a second request, first come and all that imo
[23:16:24] <bryce_> alright, so play it by ear
[23:16:35] <Riastradh> And I assume someone on board has looked into the flight prices and hotel prices and it looks reasonable?
[23:16:56] <danvet> yeah that looks all reasonable
[23:16:59] <Riastradh> (I haven't -- 'fraid I'll be in Paris during XDC!)
[23:19:09] <danvet> so, more concerns, or voting?
[23:19:11] <bryce_> from my own arrangements, I looked at cars and hotels and they're pretty pricey.  Being able to do it all for $1300 seems quite reasonable to me

oh crap, closed wrong window :-) danvet, I'm ok to vote. Quick, let's discuss where to hide the bodies! nah, I'll fix it up afterwards ... ok +1 from me +1 +1 +1 cool, I'll reply to Jake also replied to Laura asking for final numbers mupuf, gsoc? oh, laura's fast gsoc is going smoothly as far as I can tell she replied final cost would be 400 next week is the next evaluation period that means we are roughly 2/3 of the way in the GSoC danvet, if we get additional requests for press attendance, it might be worthwhile to establish some policy there; I can take an action to propose something if it comes up bryce_, I wouldn't bother tbh ok shrug ok, for those who missed it, laura's update estimate is 400 USD I think would be good if we can vote on that too that is very cheap, is she gonna commute home every day by car or what? :o she submitted a talk, so speaker sponsoring and I'd say the talk will get accepted mupuf, just motel, and car sharing with other rh folks afaiui fair enough! $400 extremely reasonable for a speaker. +1 +1 +1 mupuf, ? +1 cool, back to gsoc, sorry for the interruption no worries, I was checking the latest round of blogs so yeah, that's about it, really everything on track I have a little bit of fear about one student, but his mentor is more enthusiastic so we'll see! cool xdc sponsorship is somehow stalled, I need to ping collabora again :-( * danvet a bit busy but I'll try to stick to it and make something happen hopefully for xdc17 not entirely sure how much I should poke ... I guess no ideas wrt xdc18, I've just typed a few reminders to a few folks I know who might work on a proposal mupuf, khrons updates? well, not much to say... no answer from SPI poke them harder? well, right... yeah, I will do! thx re coc proposal from Riastradh I guess folks should read it and reply on the m-l? yeah, I have been too silent again I had one additional thought about what I posted to the list. Even if I understand the `rules and regulations' clauses correctly and the CoC could fit under them, it may be worthwhile to request an affirmative vote of approval from it for the sake of legitimizing it as a policy. Riastradh, you mean the board, or our members? I guess we could decide that with a board vote ... ...errr, sorry, I meant from the members, as an amendment to the membership agreement. tbh I expect we'll not be able to pull that stunt of 3 times in a row ... yeah, it is a bit mean... but how about this: a formal RFC Sure. I'm not recommending one way or another about whether to ask for another amendment to the membership agreement. and we tweak it based on the comments yeah that might work but I'd say first we need to discuss it on board@ yes! so since I'm kinda falling asleep, anything else? need to fix up the logs still after this :-) don't think so thanks! ok, thanks everyone for joining g'nite Good night! [23:19:28] [disconnected at Thu Jul 20 23:19:28 2017]