[22:44:20] [connected at Thu Mar  2 22:44:20 2017]
[22:44:31] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:53:20] <mupuf> hehe
[22:53:24] <mupuf> ok, ready
[22:58:46] <robclark> o/
[23:00:20] <danvet> europe is back
[23:01:12] <mupuf> what do you mean?
[23:01:22] <danvet> are we all back together?
[23:01:32] <mupuf> is egbert here?
[23:02:32] <danvet> somehow me and my secretary get disconnected
[23:02:37] <danvet> despite that it's the same machine
[23:02:39] <robclark> heh
[23:02:55] <danvet> mupuf, agd5f bryce egbert back too?
[23:03:15] <danvet> keithp, around?
[23:03:46] <danvet> secretary, back too?
[23:03:46] <secretary> danvet: I'm just the secretary, dutifully keeping logs of this meeting
[23:03:53] <danvet> bot's at least still around
[23:04:05] <agd5f> yup
[23:04:17] <bryce> danvet, yep
[23:04:22] <danvet> Agenda: elections, GSoC, paperwork, XDC, yearly reports
[23:05:42] <danvet> I'd say let's wait a few minutes before we start
[23:06:30] <danvet> <danvet> I'd say let's wait a few minutes before we start
[23:06:34] <danvet> <danvet> if irc doesn't stabilize I'll call it off
[23:07:10] <mupuf> hehe
[23:09:48] <mupuf> looks stable now
[23:09:56] <danvet> yeah, let's try again
[23:10:04] <danvet> Agenda: elections, GSoC, paperwork, XDC, yearly reports
[23:10:17] <danvet> robclark, agd5f bryce egbert keithp around again?
[23:10:21] <agd5f> yup
[23:10:25] <robclark> o/
[23:10:55] <bryce> danvet, still present :-)
[23:10:59] <danvet> I guess we can get rolling
[23:11:06] <danvet> whot said he can't make it
[23:11:14] <danvet> agd5f, election update? anything to do?
[23:11:48] <agd5f> well, only 1 nomination so far.  I may have to extend the nomination period
[23:11:58] <mupuf> when does it expire?
[23:12:03] <mupuf> I need to send mine
[23:12:03] <agd5f> sunday
[23:12:12] <mupuf> oh, shit!
[23:12:14] <agd5f> I'll send a reminder tonight
[23:12:24] <mupuf> yeah, sounds like a good idea
[23:12:43] <robclark> oh, hmm, I'm willing to run again, I guess I need to nominate myself?  (send email or irc notification here enough?)
[23:12:58] <agd5f> send an email to elections@x.org
[23:13:02] <robclark> k
[23:15:44] <danvet> I guess we need to vote on the final membership agreement too?
[23:15:49] <danvet> agd5f, when's the deadline for that?
[23:16:45] <danvet> probably best if we vote here, otherwise it won't happen in time
[23:16:53] <danvet> robclark, ^^
[23:16:59] <agd5f> deadline for new members is sunday
[23:17:17] <agd5f> no deadline for the agreement as far as I know
[23:17:40] <robclark> danvet, didn't we vote internally on member agreement last time?  I thought agd5f already sent around the link to it for broader member's vote
[23:17:42] <agd5f> no comments yet so I think we can vote
[23:17:56] <robclark> oh, that was just RFC?
[23:18:06] <agd5f> or wait until next meeting
[23:18:07] <danvet> now I'm confused
[23:18:24] <robclark> anyways, no one has brought up anything else that needs fixing, so if it is a vote, +1 from me ;-)
[23:18:24] <agd5f> I sent the link for reviews when I kicked off the election stuff
[23:18:36] <agd5f> +1 for me as well
[23:19:20] <danvet> yeah we didn't do the formal voting yet here on the board
[23:19:25] * danvet just checked the minutes
[23:19:26] <danvet> +1
[23:19:32] <danvet> mupuf, bryce ?
[23:19:52] <mupuf> well, to be honest, IU have not checked the last patches "s
[23:19:53] <bryce> yep, +1 here
[23:20:04] <mupuf> can you give me a bit of time to do this?
[23:20:21] <danvet> 4x +1 plus secretary, vote carries :-)
[23:20:51] <robclark> mupuf, https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/foundation/bylaws/log/?h=memberagreement-updates
[23:20:57] <danvet> for the bylaws it took is 2 months to vote, I'll take this one here ...
[23:21:31] <danvet> so gsoc: anything besides that we're a mentoring org again?
[23:21:40] <danvet> mupuf, kittykat, robclark ?
[23:21:50] <danvet> do we need to start with students and mentors already?
[23:21:55] <mupuf> danvet: no, noithing new
[23:21:57] * robclark doesn't have any particular update
[23:22:09] <mupuf> we need to send an email to mentors to propose new ideas
[23:22:45] <mupuf> I posted on g+ a short article
[23:22:50] <mupuf> and asked phoronix for help
[23:23:12] <danvet> mupuf, great
[23:23:14] <mupuf> well, looks fine
[23:23:27] <danvet> mupuf, can you send out the nag mail for getting mentors and updating the wiki?
[23:25:09] <keithp> sorry I'm late!
[23:25:21] <danvet> mupuf, ?
[23:25:34] <danvet> bryce, I guess we can cover paperworks and yearly reports meanwhile?
[23:25:39] <mupuf> danvet: I can
[23:25:45] <bryce> sure
[23:25:46] <mupuf> and +1 for me the agreement
[23:25:57] <danvet> mupuf, thx a lot
[23:26:51] <bryce> I've written up the treasurer report, and now with SPI's data it's largely complete.  There are a couple items I had questions on for Stuart, most importantly to verify the remaining BofA monies were transferred ($300 or so was remaining) and closed out.
[23:27:14] <keithp> There was some minor hassle from BofA iirc
[23:27:29] <danvet> so all the paperwork for the old org and account are done?
[23:27:50] <bryce> I was hoping to hear from him by today but not so far.  Should I just proceed with what i have, listing this as a caveat?
[23:27:58] <danvet> yeah, sounds good
[23:28:08] <bryce> danvet, pretty much, it's down to dotting i's type stuff
[23:28:14] <danvet> I guess the report ends on 31st Dec anyway
[23:28:22] <bryce> e.g. verifying tasks got done
[23:28:27] <danvet> bryce, great
[23:29:00] <bryce> danvet, yeah; unfortunately the last BofA statement I have was from Sept, so Sept-Dec is a bit of guesswork
[23:29:11] <danvet> ah 
[23:29:13] <danvet> oh well
[23:29:19] <bryce> alright, I'll finish it up and send it either today or tomorrow
[23:29:25] <danvet> yeah list that as a caveat
[23:29:29] <danvet> awesome, thx a lot
[23:29:29] <bryce> ok
[23:29:52] <bryce> oh, still waiting on approval to land the encrypted financial docs stuff btw.
[23:30:06] <danvet> so for my secretary report I still would like to just submit my xdc summary
[23:30:19] <danvet> bryce, yeah ... did you get gpg keys from anyone meanwhile?
[23:30:26] <mupuf> oh, shit
[23:30:28] <mupuf> forgot...
[23:30:35] <danvet> mupuf, ^^ can I sign you up?
[23:30:38] <mupuf> I need to generate a new one, mine is about to expire
[23:30:43] <bryce> danvet, nope none so far
[23:30:43] <danvet> others can too, but we need at least one
[23:30:56] <mupuf> danvet: sign me up for what?
[23:31:15] <bryce> mupuf, glorious financial data records ;-)
[23:31:16] <danvet> mupuf, send bryce your key
[23:31:23] <danvet> but if it's a new one, it's kinda pointless
[23:31:30] * danvet also total fail with gpg
[23:31:49] <danvet> robclark, egbert, agd5f do you have one?
[23:31:57] <bryce> shall I send an easy gpg paint-by-numbers to the list?
[23:32:06] <danvet> I've tried a few times
[23:32:10] <robclark> bryce, remind me tomorrow to send pub key (I've used it to sign libdrm releases, for example.. not sure that counts as some sort of web of trust)..
[23:32:13] <danvet> I forget the passphrase within days :(
[23:32:29] <robclark> (problem is carpool home is right after board mtg and by the time I get home I forget ;-))
[23:32:37] <danvet> robclark, now someone is going to hack fd.o and replace the signatures :-)
[23:32:40] <mupuf> noone really has my gpg key "s
[23:32:42] <mupuf> :s
[23:32:59] <bryce> robclark, ooh hadn't thought of use of a key for package signing as an indicator, that's actually a fairly good idea
[23:33:08] <keithp> you guys should use debian; you'd get all used to doing gpg stuff...
[23:33:23] <agd5f> danvet, yeah, I do, but I'm not really a gpg expert.  I always end up having to re-learn it
[23:33:26] <danvet> I use debian, still no gpg
[23:33:30] <mupuf> keithp: why? Because of signing packages? Arch also has this
[23:33:40] <robclark> agd5f, me too ;-)
[23:34:02] <keithp> mupuf: and the whole debian key signing party adventures
[23:34:07] <mupuf> so, next physical meeting, we need to exchange keys
[23:34:13] <mupuf> yeah, right
[23:34:15] <keithp> a fine plan
[23:34:17] <robclark> bryce, and gpg paint-by-numbers is a good idea
[23:34:21] <robclark> mupuf, +1
[23:34:23] <bryce> alrighty, will do
[23:34:59] <danvet> let's see whether I can remember this until XDC ...
[23:35:14] <robclark> and I guess signed package release or signed kernel pull req's are probably best thing for a temporary soln
[23:35:24] <danvet> I don't do signed anything
[23:35:36] <robclark> at least a few of us have signed libdrm releases at least
[23:35:45] <danvet> if it was a shit pull req, it was probably me :-)
[23:35:49] <robclark> heheh
[23:35:54] <danvet> yeah, that's why I don't release libdrm
[23:36:40] <danvet> back to secretary report: any objections to me recycling the xdc one?
[23:36:44] * danvet kinda lazy ...
[23:36:51] <mupuf> does not sound so bad
[23:37:11] <bryce> danvet, aw, I'd love to see one but I have to approve appeals to laziness
[23:37:31] <robclark> probably ok.. might want to proof read it to see if anything important should be amended..
[23:37:39] <bryce> danvet, maybe the treasurer report will satiate folks adequately.
[23:37:53] <danvet> yeah, yours is awesome ...
[23:38:11] <danvet> and at least in the secretary records I have the xdc reports as official reports
[23:38:16] <danvet> they just never made it to the website
[23:38:20] <danvet> I can fix that
[23:38:25] <bryce> I tried to just stick to financial stuff but while I'm at it, any thing else we might want to publicize right now?
[23:38:43] <bryce> danvet, yeah +1 to posting them to the website
[23:39:58] <danvet> that leaves XDC
[23:40:01] <danvet> we have a date now
[23:40:10] <danvet> https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2017/
[23:40:33] <robclark> \o/
[23:40:34] <danvet> I guess marcheu will send out the announcement with big fanfares as soon as they have it all lined up
[23:40:42] <danvet> we can leak it meanwhile :-)
[23:40:56] <danvet> since phoronix reads minutes
[23:41:05] <keithp> yay!
[23:41:30] <danvet> anythine else we've missed today?
[23:41:51] <mupuf> don't think so
[23:41:57] <mupuf> there is some work for me and GSoC
[23:42:25] <danvet> yeah, I made notes
[23:42:52] <mupuf> alanc: did you send on twitter a link to our gsoc page>
[23:42:53] <mupuf> ?
[23:44:34] <danvet> I guess that's it
[23:44:39] <danvet> thx everyone for hanging around
[23:44:44] <danvet> g'night all
[23:44:50] <keithp> enjoy

[23:44:53] [disconnected at Thu Mar 2 23:44:53 2017]