Date is 2012-04-26, times are UTC+02.

23:00 <agd5f> hello
23:00 <+emmes> hi
23:00 <stukreit> hiya
23:00 <marcoz> hi
23:00 <+alanc> hello
23:02 <+alanc> so I know bart said he wasn't coming today - looks like we're still awaiting anholt & keithp 
23:03 <marcoz> anyone logging the irc?
23:03 <+emmes> sure
23:04 <marcoz> good deal
23:05 <+alanc> so any updates on XDS planning?
23:05 <stukreit> chirp chirp
23:06 <+emmes> nothing new so far AFAIK
23:06 <+alanc> I think bart ended up with most of the AI's from the last meeting
23:06 <+emmes> wasn't in nuernberg last week, so my knowledge is dated
23:07 <+alanc> okay, any updates on 501(c)3 ?
23:08 <stukreit> nope. I don't know if I need to ping sflc. They're usually good at informing us
23:08 <stukreit> of news.
23:08 <+alanc> I assume at this point it's mostly waiting for the IRS
23:08 <stukreit> yes. we are waiting
23:08 <+alanc> any other treasurer news to report while you've got the floor?
23:08 <stukreit> status is: "wait"
23:09 <stukreit> The treasurer  owes the membership a financial report.
23:09 <+alanc> I assume our EVoC student is now paid in full for his 4 months of work, and for the FOSDEM trip, right?
23:09 <stukreit> The first check I sent him didn't make it. I have another check out, no ack yet. :-(
23:09 <+alanc> ouch
23:11 <+emmes> I already heard that mail in the U.S. isn't exactly reliable, but it actually seems even worse than I thought
23:11 <stukreit> dunno if got lost here or there.
23:12 <+alanc> this would be mail from US to Germany, so multiple points of possible failure
23:12 <+emmes> right
23:12 <keithp> hey ho.
23:13  * alanc is reading over last meeting's log and not seeing much more that carried forward and doesn't involve bart - sorry for not preparing better
23:13 <keithp> no worries
23:13 <+alanc> does anyone else have topics to bring up?
23:14 <+alanc> I still need to do the bylaw review & mail that to the board, will try to tackle soonish
23:14 <marcoz> I've heard from a student who's interested in EVoC, but he can only do part-time. What's the story on part-time EVoC?
23:15 <agd5f> if the plan is feasible, I say sure
23:16 <+alanc> I don't remember explictly deciding we wouldn't allow that, so I'd guess it's possible, though it would be less $ per month
23:16 <agd5f> we should also follow up with that other evoc inquiry from earlier this week
23:16 <marcoz> from the evoc page: "A proposal will typically be for a period of three to four months of contiguous nearly-full-time work...", doesn't specifically mention part-time.
23:17 <+alanc> clearly marcoz hasn't been on the board long enough to realize just how much of what we do is making up stuff as we go along
23:17 <+alanc> 8-)
23:18 <marcoz> :)
23:18 <+alanc> "will typically be" is not "is required to be" and we have tried to be a bit more flexible since we don't have to make it scale to 5000 students like google does
23:18 <marcoz> i'm still young and naive.  think the elders are smooth and got everything figured out. :)
23:18 <+emmes> i would say: as long as we are not overcrouded we could have part-time students, as long as payment reflects the work amount
23:19 <+alanc> The elders have simply figured out how to make it look like we know what we're doing.
23:19 <stukreit> do we really want to engage evoc with someone who is budgeting their time?
23:20 <+alanc> True enlightenment comes when you first hear yourself described as an expert in X11, and realize that if you're what passes as an expert, then maybe nobody really ever actually understands it all.
23:21 <marcoz> stukreit: i've been asking the student about that. trying to figure out what could be done parttime and keeping expectations real.
23:21 <marcoz> alanc: lol
23:25 <+alanc> okay, so sounds like general consensus that we're willing to consider a solid proposal for part-time work for part-time payment
23:25 <+alanc> and we'd want to know more about how they are budgeting their time for EVoC vs. other things
23:26 <+alanc> anything else to discuss?
23:26 <marcoz> alanc: yes, that will be part of the proposal.  a normal proposal just with reduced hours.
23:29 <marcoz> i'll inform the student that part-time is ok, if the proposal meets the other requirements. (mentor avail, specific milestones and targets, ...)
23:31 <agd5f> sounds good
23:31 <+emmes> thanks
23:32 <+alanc> anything else before we call it a day?
23:32 <marcoz> just a nudge for anyone who wants to respond to the other evoc-interested student to ping them.
23:35 <agd5f> I'm already replying
23:35 <+alanc> thanks
23:35 <marcoz> sweet
23:40 <agd5f> whoops, didn't mean to cc xorg-devel
23:40 <+alanc> okay then, move to adjourn
23:40 <stukreit> +1
23:40 <agd5f> +1
23:41 <marcoz> +1
23:43 <+alanc> okay then, we're adjourned
23:44 <+alanc> I'd say see you all in two weeks, but I think I'm out for that one, but Bart should be back then
23:44 <+emmes> +1