Date is 2012-03-01, times are UTC+01.

23:00 <agd5f> hello
23:00 <+alanc> good afternoon
23:00 <+mherrb> hi
23:01 <+emmes> hey
23:01 <+alanc> I think keithp is still on the underside of the world - don't remember getting mail from anyone else that they couldn't be here today
23:02 <+alanc> everyone did get the election candidates announcement mail right?   haven't seen any questions to the candidates yet
23:02 <+Bart_Massey> howdy
23:02 <+emmes> the mail was fine here; seems there are no questions
23:02 <+mherrb> yes got the mail.
23:02 <agd5f> yup, got it
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> What's on the agenda today?
23:03 <+alanc> don't see anholt here, and stukreit's been quiet, otherwise seems like the members are all here
23:04 <+alanc> things I have for the agenda today are updates (if any) on: elections, GSoC, paying our EVoC student, 501(c)3/IRS review, XDS planning
23:05  * alanc runs down the hall quickly to wake stuart up
23:05 <stukreit> uhhh
23:05 <stukreit> hi alan!
23:05 <+alanc> oh, and book sprint
23:05 <+alanc> so who wants to go first?
23:06 <stukreit> let me get my pain overwith
23:06 <+alanc> I think we've pretty much covered elections: candidates announced, voting commences next week
23:06 <stukreit> I have the checkbook pulled down, doin it as we speak
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> has anyone run a test election and verified the website still works?
23:07 <+alanc> no
23:08 <+Bart_Massey> most years it breaks the first time we try it IIRC
23:08 <+Bart_Massey> might want to bug anholt: I think he knows it best
23:08 <+alanc> I know there's instructions on the wiki page, but haven't had time to look at it
23:08 <+alanc> I'll send mail about testing it & setting it up for the real thing
23:10 <+alanc> since we haven't been poked by marcheu, I'm assuming the GSoC application is well in hand and he doesn't need anything from us yet
23:10 <+alanc> agd5f, stukreit : any news on the IRS review?
23:10 <agd5f> not that I've heard
23:10 <stukreit> me neither
23:11 <marcheu> alanc: yeah I'll port the 2011 SoC application to 2012 this week end :)
23:11 <+Bart_Massey> still trying to find time to finish the CFP and get a TPC together for XDS. haven't finished, nor forgotten. hopefully this week
23:11 <+alanc> okay, then on to emmes: any news on getting the XDS dates confirmed & announced?
23:11 <+alanc> or egbert if he's here
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> guess not
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> we good for this week then?
23:14 <+alanc> well, this is the last meeting before the book sprint I think
23:14 <+alanc> if I remembered the dates right
23:14 <marcoz> yes.
23:14 <marcoz> I haven't sent out an email to the list. sorry.
23:14 <+alanc> next weekend, right?  (i.e. in 8 days)
23:14 <marcoz> ridiculously busy these last two weeks. (start new job next week)
23:14 <marcoz> yes, next weekend
23:15 <+emmes> alanc: I'll see Egbert tomorrow, he wanted to do that. I'll push him again.
23:17 <+alanc> emmes: thanks, it is still 6 months away, but on the other hand, it's now only 6 months to get everything arranged
23:17 <+emmes> exactly
23:18 <+alanc> marcoz: okay, will hope to see email from you about book sprint soonish - especially reminding me if we needed to have any software locally setup or were just using low tech methods like IRC & text editors
23:18 <marcoz> I actually have a night off tonight; that's on my list.
23:19 <+alanc> so anything I forgot for the agenda that people would like to discuss?
23:19 <marcoz> does anyone else want to email the MLs about the booksprint?
23:22  * alanc listens for volunteers, hears only rain
23:22 <marcoz> *crickets*.   ok then.
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> My email situation is so bad I'd never see the responses anyhow
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> Need to get that straightened out
23:24 <marcoz> Bart,  can we use your mumble server for the book sprint? I have assumed so, but I should actually officially ask.
23:24 <+Bart_Massey> Of course
23:24 <marcoz> thx.
23:24 <+Bart_Massey> Can set up for any other services you'd like to try also
23:25 <marcoz> I'm thinking a shared screen session for any prompt typing. Do you have a server?
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> I do. Can get it set up.
23:25 <marcoz> thx
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> We could also just use a collaborative editor
23:25 <marcoz> Any good ones?  google docs seemed to be the best I saw...
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> That would be fine...
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> We've used gobby a lot
23:26 <marcoz> I was trying to keep as low-tech as possible just to keep it easiest.
23:26 <marcoz> gobby?
23:26 <marcoz> that short for google docs?
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> linux-based collaborative text-editor outside the browser
23:26  * alanc has Solaris, Linux, Mac and even Windows machines at home if I need to install a client
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> think that's the right name
23:27 <marcoz> found it. thx.  how come I didn't see that in my google searching over the last couple months?
23:27 <marcoz> gobby never turned up
23:27 <+Bart_Massey> apparently google hates them :-)
23:27 <marcoz> competition. lol
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> it does real-time collaborative editing with colors to keep track of what's going on
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> p2p, so no server
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> pretty nice
23:28 <marcoz> nice
23:29 <marcoz> so we can possibly use that and then use screen to gen the output, then have the output dir on some apache mount (or sshfs) so folks can see the output realtime-ish?
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> i'm not sure what "the output" is? what's the plan here?
23:30 <marcoz> Marcheu's is tex and we're shooting for pdf?
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> I will do all the formatting
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> My plan is to not worry much about the PDF until the end
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> I hope to concentrate on editing / formatting 
23:31 <marcheu> that's what lyx is for
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> and let others generate text
23:31 <marcoz> Fri and Sat are cranking on the content and Sun is formatting then?
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> formatting should be nbd, but yes
23:32 <marcoz> agreed, but I don't want to do all content up until the very end and then say "Ok, Bart,  it's all on you."
23:32 <+Bart_Massey> I'll keep track of it. it'll be fine
23:32 <+Bart_Massey> i'll have formatted drafts throughout the weekend
23:33 <+Bart_Massey> we'll be doing chapter-at-a-time-ish things anyhow
23:33 <marcoz> ok.
23:34 <marcheu> IME the biggest part is to document yourself and double check facts when you're not sure/your memory is bad
23:34 <marcheu> it's what took me the most time
23:34 <marcheu> writing and formatting are minor compared to that
23:34 <+Bart_Massey> marcheu: makes sense, esp for what you've been doing
23:36 <+Bart_Massey> well, gtg. talk to you soon!
23:36 <+alanc> unless someone else has another topic, I think we're done for today
23:36 <+alanc> if we keep to schedule, at the next meeting we should have an announcement of our new board members
23:37 <+alanc> thanks everyone for coming!